ISSUE: After Upgrading to 3.2.9 Live TV Breaks

theniteow1

Correct. Second, or on-going recording on stream is stopped when first recording ends.

@@Luke

I may have spoken too soon on successful stream sharing test. Perhaps the successful test meant the second recording grabbed another tuner and wasn't affected by first recording ending. Is that possible?

Please discuss a specific example and provide the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks.

maegibbons

Just in case you missed it, I did post full example in post #21.

Krs

Mark

blade005

Please discuss a specific example and provide the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks.

@@Luke,

I can point you back to the example and log in Post #9 of this thread. Same behavior and split file on second recording.

@@Luke,

I can point you back to the example and log in Post #9 of this thread. Same behavior and split file on second recording.

Yes but for those of you running testing builds, we need to start from the beginning with each new build. Thanks.

blade005

Yes but for those of you running testing builds, we need to start from the beginning with each new build. Thanks.

@@Luke,

Understood.

Okay. Can anyone else in this thread run a back-to-back recording test on the same channel with Emby Version 3.2.10.6-beta and share your results?

I just ran a test and watched the 1st and 2nd recording share the same tuner stream and as the 1st recording ended the 2nd recording continued on without being stopped. But, I swear I ran this test yesterday on 3.2.10.5-beta and it worked, but ran it again today and it failed. 

I also ran a quick Live TV test and played the same channel on two (2) devices and stopped the stream on one device and the stream on the second device continued with issue.

Maybe a few others in the thread can give back-to-back recording of the same channel and Live TV channel sharing a go and share their results, before we send @@Luke off to investigate further.

maegibbons

Hi

I am still on 3.2.10.5 and the log posted earlier was from that overnight last night with the errors.

The recordings tonight WITH overlap on same channel worked ok SO I think this is an intermittent problem or somthing that does not happen under all circumstances.  I will try 3.2.10.6 now and see if overnight recordings are ok.

Just need to pin it down if luke has not already done so.

Krs

Mark

blade005

Hi

I am still on 3.2.10.5 and the log posted earlier was from that overnight last night with the errors.

The recordings tonight WITH overlap on same channel worked ok SO I think this is an intermittent problem or somthing that does not happen under all circumstances.  I will try 3.2.10.6 now and see if overnight recordings are ok.

Just need to pin it down if luke has not already done so.

Krs

Mark

@@maegibbons,

I had a successful back-to-back recording last night, but I believe that the second recording grabbed a separate tuner. Not, actual sharing of the same tuner and stream.  

What I tested and reported in Post #30 with 3.2.10.6-beta was an actual sharing of the same tuner and stream. I stood next to my HDHomeRun tuners and visually confirmed that only one tuner was active for both recordings and then watched the 1st recording end and the 2nd recording continue on. So, hopefully this continues and we can have only one tuner occupied for same channel recordings that back end to each other.

theniteow1

I am using 3.2.10.6 beta, and the issue now seems to be resolved.  Thanks for looking into this and quickly resolving it Emby team!

lifespeed

Here is a tool you might find useful for tuner monitoring, especially if they're not physically right in front of you.  I keep my two Silicondust HDHR4-US tuners in the attic on the end of a short RG6 coax run to the antenna.  Digital ethernet does the long runs of cable distribution better than lossy RF coax and power splitters.

home.earthlink.net/~warpster/data/HDMonitor_5_8.zip