My HDhomerun Broke Somwhere between 3.2.8.9 and 3.2.8.16

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

The current betas have broken my HDhomerun for Live TV and recordings.  Last one I have that works is 3.2.8.9

Basically it appears that the 2nd Tuner is not being used when there are two recordings/Live TV requests. It just picks up on the 1st tuner again.

The logs enclosed show an example.

Channel 5 is recording

On FireTV i Select Channel 3 and it shows Channel 5 - 2nd Tuner not being used

On FireTV i Select Channel 1 and it shows Channel 5 - 2nd Tuner not being used

From my vague understandings of the log it is latching on to the existing stream (different channel) and uplifting consumer count  rather than getting the new stream.

Krs

Mark

server-hdhrsamechan.txt

• Like 1

blade005

Hi

@@Luke

The current betas have broken my HDhomerun for Live TV and recordings.  Last one I have that works is 3.2.8.9

Basically it appears that the 2nd Tuner is not being used when there are two recordings/Live TV requests. It just picks up on the 1st tuner again.

The logs enclosed show an example.

Channel 5 is recording

On FireTV i Select Channel 3 and it shows Channel 5 - 2nd Tuner not being used

On FireTV i Select Channel 1 and it shows Channel 5 - 2nd Tuner not being used

From my vague understandings of the log it is latching on to the existing stream (different channel) and uplifting consumer count  rather than getting the new stream.

Krs

Mark

@@maegibbons

I am seeing the same behavior on 3.2.9.3 of Emby Server. I have six (6) tuners available but Live TV and Recorded TV are only locking onto one (1) tuner. Trying to start a second Live TV stream on a different channel from Live TV stream 1 will start up with a flash from first channel and then close. The first Live TV stream will end also.

@@Luke

Last night I had five (5) recordings scheduled. At one point with pre and post padding I had four (4) Active Recordings. Emby only showed one (1) tuner as being WATCHED and a visual inspection of the HDHomeRun tuners only showed one active tuner light.

Below is the sequence of recordings and the channels. All have 2 minute Pre and 3 minute Post padding settings.

• Recording 1 - CW Channel - 7:00pm Start, 65 minute length - Single file, Recorded CORRECT CW channel.
  • Recording 2 - ABC Channel - 7:30pm Start, 35 minute length - Single file, Recorded INCORRECT  CW channel.
  • Recording 3 - CW Channel - 8:00pm Start, 65 minute length - Two (2) files of 35 minutes and 29 minutes of CORRECT CW channel.
  • Recording 4 - ABC Channel - 8:00pm Start, 35 minute length - Single file, Recorded INCORRECT CW channel.
  • Recording 5 - CBS Channel - 9:00pm Start, 65 minute length - Two (2) files, Recorded 5 minutes of INCORRECT CW channel. Recorded 60 minutes of CORRECT CBS channel.

Edited by blade005

maegibbons

Hi

Yes

Its failing in the 3.2.9 series as well I was just trying to narrow down between what commits it happened.  Unfortunately I only had copies of 8.9 and 8.16 so could not localise it further.

Krs

Marj

blade005

Hi

Yes

Its failing in the 3.2.9 series as well I was just trying to narrow down between what commits it happened.  Unfortunately I only had copies of 8.9 and 8.16 so could not localise it further.

Krs

Marj

@@maegibbons,

I have seen two references in threads that falling back to 3.2.7 of Emby server seems to restore proper behavior. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46357-bug-v329-wrong-channel-recorded/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46377-issue-after-upgrading-to-329-live-tv-breaks/

Wish I had the foresight to keep a few versions of beta available to roll back to. Guess I will have to hope that the Devs can identify and correct it quickly.

maegibbons

@@maegibbons,

I have seen two references in threads that falling back to 3.2.7 of Emby server seems to restore proper behavior. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46357-bug-v329-wrong-channel-recorded/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46377-issue-after-upgrading-to-329-live-tv-breaks/

Wish I had the foresight to keep a few versions of beta available to roll back to. Guess I will have to hope that the Devs can identify and correct it quickly.

Are you on Linux or Windows.  If Linux i could send you a beta zip.  But I should imagine Luke will fix it real quick since it has slipped in to release channel and not just beta.

Krs

Mark

blade005

For those of you running the beta server, try 3.2.10.1 which just went up. Thanks.

@@Luke,

Just tested 3.2.10.1 and it looks good.

• I just got six (6) Live TV streams up and running simultaneously on two (2) WebUI Clients, two (2) Android App clients and two (2) Emby Theater Desktop clients. Two (2) DLNA HDHomeRun tuners and one (1) older Non-DLNA HDHomeRun tuner.

• I also fired up four (4) simultaneous recordings and they all grabbed a separate tuner and recorded the correct channel.

I have a recording lineup tonight that will tax this crossover of pre and post padding of various channels and will report back on results.

Many thanks for such a quick response and fix.

maegibbons

Great!

Sorry I cannot test and confirm.  We are in peak viewing/recording hours here in the UK at the moment.

Wife would not be happy with any disruption.

Krs

Mark