Live backgrounds and trailers

jachin99

jachin99

How would I go about setting up live backgrounds and movie trailers so that they display on emby for WMC?  I have the movie trailers plugin enabled on my server but they do not display on the Emby for WMC client on that same machine, or another machine that also has emby for WMC.  Is this a feature that is only available on certain platforms?  I don't have a subscription to emby premier.     

chef

There is a plugin call movie theme videos, that will locate the source material for you.

As far as I know, and I am a premiere member, you have to put a folder in your media item root called "backdrop" which has the file you want to play as the... Backdrop for the item.

Example:

F:/Movies/Ant Man/backdrop/{whatever video backdrop}.mkv <---whatever extension :)

This is supported in the Emby WMC app.  You either put your desired backdrops in the place indicated by Chef or, if you have a local trailer, EMC can be set to use that as the backdrop.

You do have to be sure you have it turned on in the EMC config pages though.

jachin99

Is there a way for emby to automatically create these folders and grab the trailers/backgrounds from the internet?

There is no free source for this content that we are aware of.

Some searching could find you what you need...

jachin99

Does emby premiere do it, or do you know of any command line scripts that can create a new folder in all of my individual folders at least? 

Edited by jachin99