StLDreiling

FrostByte

I just loaded a new version that made it to the XB1 and Windows stores today (says 1.1.76.6 in dashboard, and Windows Store version 1.1.96) and was hopeful for a little while as it seemed to get further into the movies, but it crashed to dashboard again a few minutes into the movie

• Like 1

Yea I had already pushed that update out late last week but MS is operating slowly right now getting releases to the store.

• Like 1

kforest2

Yes I was and I'm looking into it. Thanks.

Cool. I'm not being impatient or anything. I'm in support and development at work, and know the frustrations of end users reporting problems you can't reproduce lol.

CBers

I just loaded a new version that made it to the XB1 and Windows stores today (says 1.1.76.6 in dashboard, and Windows Store version 1.1.96) and was hopeful for a little while as it seemed to get further into the movies, but it crashed to dashboard again a few minutes into the movie

Same here.

I updated to 1.1.96.6, but it crashes back to the Xbox homescreen after about 15 seconds.

• Like 1

Animosity022

I have a MP4 video that works fine on my ATV and from my IOS phone. I was testing out playing this same video from my XBox and it lasts about 2 minutes before it just crashes back to the home screen in the xbox.

I've attached the logs from the time it's running. XBox is 192.168.86.50.

You can see the error occur here in the snippet:

2017-04-11 20:22:09.2584 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.2.12.0
        Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffpro
be /usr/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
        Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.4
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        Mono: 4.8.0 (Stable 4.8.0.524/9d74414 Wed Apr  5 17:57:04 UTC 2017)
        Processor count: 8
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
        Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
        System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketExc
eption: Connection reset by peer

server-63627506506.txt

FrostByte

Another update for the XB1 (and Windows) app today.  Not sure if it included a fix, or I'm just getting very lucky because I couldn't get past about 30 seconds before without it crashing.  Anyhow, I've been watching one of the Hobbit movies for almost 30 minutes now without even a pause.  Will report back in a couple hours when it's done.

58ee290f94910_Hobbit1.jpg

58ee2928b0ed7_Hobbit2.jpg

• Like 1

CBers

Same here.

I updated to 1.1.96.6, but it crashes back to the Xbox homescreen after about 15 seconds.

Just updated to v1.1.97.6, but it still crashes back to the Xbox homescreen after about 15 seconds.

FrostByte

Okay, maybe I just got lucky then.  The patch may not be in there yet.

Hobbit worked just fine, 3+ hours

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

OK, looks like it's a codec issue.

I'm playing something now and it's transcoding and it's playing perfectly.

The Dashboard is wrong though, as when streaming it says Direct Play and when transcoding (audio only) it says Direct Stream!

That needs fixing as it's confusing.

PrincessClevage

I also get about 5 mins into a show and then get sent back to the dashboard

The same show played using ember for Emby plays fine

CBers

OK, looks like it's a codec issue.

I'm playing something now and it's transcoding and it's playing perfectly.

The same item plays perfectly in the Ember for Emby app on the Xbox One.

FrostByte

Okay, nm.  Just tried Braveheart and it crashed within 30 seconds.  Only difference is that Braveheart was DP where as the other one had DTS and remuxed audio only

58ee454f1a3d2_Brave.jpg

FrostByte

Not sure why, but the version I got this morning looks like it went back to 1.1.71.6 on my XB1.  

FrostByte

Hmm...I had .96 yesterday.  The Windows Store update today shows .97 though.  Not sure why the XB1 would go back.  Maybe it went back here in the US

FrostByte

Odd though that I updated to .96 yesterday and now I updated to .71 this morning.  Oh well, I'll just wait for the next one

Edited by FrostByte

UnderMiner

Hello,

We use Emby for TV recording with SiliconDust HDHomerun.  We experience crashing back to the Home screen in less than 20 seconds on every recorded TV file that we try to playback.

The files record fine since the update and they also play perfectly through any browser on a Windows 10 PC.

PrincessClevage

Still have same symptoms ET crashes to dashboard but ember for Emby plays same video fine

mythofechelon

I'm experiencing these problems too - crashes to dashboard every ~ 2 minutes but will sometimes pause, show the series' splashscreen, start from the beginning for a split-second, resume from the original position, and never happen again for that episode. I haven't been able to determine a pattern yet.