Users with calendar subscription expire

cajacontrol

cajacontrol

Hi, my friends

I have 10 users in my emby server, I would like if emby has a user calendar to expire subscrition.

example : create user Guess1  expiring : 30 days

so , the day 30 emby  disabled that user.

Thanks so much

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Spaceboy

And which tool or software does not make money? Be it directly or by donation!

perhaps if you are making money of it you can put some of it back into the project or set a bounty to get some of these changes?

EduardoLSN

Yes, I have seen that there are corporate plans! That's good, but it would be better if the plans were scalable! According to the demand ... Plans of 100, 200 and etc ... Ai is paying according to demand or need !!!

chef

Did someone say bounty?!?

Does this type of thing break emby terms and conditions @@Luke?

If Luke says it doesn't I will build one for you, but I can't help if it goes against emby terms.

mastrmind11

To build what?

A plugin, that disables accounts after x days, I would imagine.

• Like 1

chef

A plugin which set user account removal automatically after a certain time span.

I don't really care so much but I don't think that belongs in the plugin catalog. And that's not because of any terms or conditions it's simply because I don't want to have to troubleshoot that in the future, or deal with users wondering why their server users got deleted because they had forgotten about the plugin.

@@chef is it worth it? For all we know this plugin might only have a couple users, whereas the themeing stuff you're looking at with Theater, a lot of people will be interested in that.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

plus 1... Is this going to get implemented ?

Someone could do a plug-in (off catalog).

We don't have any plans to put this in the core at this time.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
videopalace

I suggest making this a paid plugin, just as there may be missing plugins (and may be in demand).  (Plugins for commercially oriented servers).

7 hours ago, Movieflix4K said:

Plugins for commercially oriented servers

Hi.  Please be sure you are adhering to our terms of use.

Thanks.

videopalace

If you were to step into the story of allowing commercial servers on your platform, you could take a giant leap forward in the battle of "which media server is the most value for money" versus the competition (plex, jellyfin, stremio , etc...)

crusher11
11 hours ago, Movieflix4K said:

If you were to step into the story of allowing commercial servers on your platform, you could take a giant leap forward in the battle of "which media server is the most value for money" versus the competition (plex, jellyfin, stremio , etc...)

And also the battle of "which media server is shut down by all the app stores for promoting piracy".

videopalace

I don't use the apps, I use the web interface on all my Phones and computers. Acceceble via my custom https webadress Hosted on my own local server. No cloud service can tell me what is legal or illegal. Just only developers who want to play daddy over their clients by telling them not to create commercial targets. And what are these commercial purposes? NO MEDIA (movies series music etcetera). Remember: sharing movies, series and music with friends or family is also punishable and illegal. So why would people spend money on the software now if you can only stream locally legally?

Junglejim
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Emby was shut down by Google only a month or two ago over piracy concerns. 

Yep, this is really sad to see..