Live TV XMLTV not working properly

mlapoint

mlapoint

I have paid for Emby Premier, and set up XMLTV

This should show the TV listings for the 54403 zip code which is Wausau, WI.

The TV stations and logos are there like they should be.  Unfortunately it does not show the shows.  Can someone help me and show me what I am doing wrong?

Thank You,

Mike

Ok unfortunately it is hard to tell since i tested your xml tv url and it returns this:

You have reached your limit of 5 downloads per day.

So we would have to be able to see what happened before you reached the limit, so I either need to see that log or wait until tomorrow.

If I had to guess, I would bet that you had data, but then as the guide got refreshed multiple times it later got wiped out. Why would it get wiped out? Because your xml tv web service doesn't actually throw an error, it just returns that text in the response body and the server could possibly be interpreting that as 0 epg entries. What that web service should be doing is returning an error status code, but it doesn't.

In any event, we cannot proceed further until your xml tv url is working and can be tested.

mlapoint

Ok,it has been 2 days and my xmltv account finally reset to 4/5. I don't know why it is not 0 or 1 of 5, but there is at least 1 you can try again. Please try again and let me know the results.

Thank you,

Mike

Once again the limit is reached so I'm unable to test. The fact that you posted the link to your xmltv in the first post is probably part of the problem. it's right there for anyone to click on. so i've edited that out.

mlapoint

Yay! It's down to only 1 of 5 downloads today (Thursday) now. ☺ I assume that is from my Emby.

Mike

mlapoint

Ok, I just looked at the XMLTV site again and noticed they have an API number.  I do not see where I need to put that in Emby Server to make it OK for Emby to properly use the XMLTV data.

Am I on the right track?

Thank You,

Mike

mlapoint

Luke,

It accepted it, but then when I did a "Refresh Guide", it did not refresh the guide when I went back to Live TV.  :(

Thank You,

Mike

P.S.  I now have 3 of 5 used for the day.

mlapoint

I am sorry.  I misunderstood what you wanted me to do.  I just put it in my browser (in Linux) and received the attached output.  It is in Word 2007-2013 format (.docx).

Thank You,

Mike

Using the latest version of the server (3.2.10), can you please refresh the guide, and then when it completes, please attach the complete emby server log? thanks !

mlapoint

Ok, I have it working now.  I think all I didn't do until this morning was "Map Channels".  I did that and now it works great and records correctly.  Thank You so much for your help!  You can close this case now!

Mike