Empty DLNA folders on Samsung H

s-andy

s-andy
I have two Samsung UE22H5600 TVs and both of them do not show any content in DLNA folders (when both can see the DLNA server and all its folders).

As far as I know, it's a kind of known issue, but, I think, I figured out details, which can help resolve it:

At first, I need to mention, that TVs can see content of folders, provided by another DLNA server in my network - by MiniDLNA, which is installed on my PC. So, the DLNA client is functional. Other DNLA devices (I have two media players) can see the content of Emby DLNA server without problem. So, DLNA server is also, probably, functional.

Eventually, I figured out, that I can make the DLNA client of Samsung TVs to see the content (without making any changes on the server) by following these steps:
  1. Instead of opening DLNA server, first select the wizard "Connect to PC". Just go through it and press Close, when finished.
  2. After that, open the DLNA server and, voila, the content is there.
This should be done each time you turn on the TV.

This looks weird, but really works. My guess is that during the first step TV configures its DLNA client in some way, what makes it work with Emby DLNA. Probably, such configuration can be triggered from the DLNA server during the connection.

P.S. After reboot of the server, Samsung H TVs do not see Emby's DLNA any longer. It can been seen again, after manual restart of Emby.

P.S.2 Also, I have a question: How do I know, which DLNA profile was picked up by the device? Can't find that anywhere, including logs (probably, it uses the default one).

I hope, this can help.
Andriy

hi @@s-andy, thanks for the info !

What exact model TV is this? For me, in my testing with Samsungs, it does work out of the box on Tizen models, but I haven't tested an older model recently. Thanks !

s-andy

hi @@s-andy, thanks for the info !

What exact model TV is this? For me, in my testing with Samsungs, it does work out of the box on Tizen models, but I haven't tested an older model recently. Thanks !

I specified the exact model in the first post:

I have two Samsung UE22H5600 TVs ...

No, it's not Tizen. It's pre-Tizen H-series model.

Edited by s-andy

• 4 years later...