Guide activity is odd

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

Was just about to post about this...(yea for using search first...lol)  

Started using Emby Theater (desktop software, not Metro app)  now as my primary streaming software for Live TV instead of DLNA direct play via PowerDVD....cause MadVR is awesome....and Emby Theater is now working great with my multi monitor desktop.

Anyway, noticing this annoying issue too....with the guide not loading to the current time on the far left and needing to be scrolled each time i go to the page.  And, yea, ts pretty jerky in its movements and animations. No where near as smooth as with the Guide in web browser.   (metro app seems to do the same thing btw)

@@speedingcheetah

A heads up. MadVR is going away. Theater is in the process of getting a new player. You can help test it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/

speedingcheetah

@@speedingcheetah

A heads up. MadVR is going away. Theater is in the process of getting a new player. You can help test it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/

I use LAV and MadVR with Klite codec pack player....which is what i use to play everything.   MadVR and its tweaked settings to my liking, as always been far better than anything else i have tired.  And thus anything that E.T plays, looks just as good as with MPC.

I never heard of "mpv". It is new? next gen of madvr or something?

Edit:  As long as there will be a GUI to adjust the settings of this MPV renderer, like there is madvr....would be interesting to compare. Just Loaded up the test E.T linked to, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust its settings. It works fine, quite smooth and zippy actually....so far, but quite meh looking picture....needs options for upscaling, sharpening etc...all the fun stuff u can tweak in madvr.

Edited by speedingcheetah

Guest asrequested

I use LAV and MadVR with Klite codec pack player....which is what i use to play everything.   MadVR and its tweaked settings to my liking, as always been far better than anything else i have tired.  And thus anything that E.T plays, looks just as good as with MPC.

I never heard of "mpv". It is new? next gen of madvr or something?

It's a self contained player. It has a lot of possibilities. Luke is in the process of tailoring it for ET. You should give your suggestions. You can take a look at all it's options, here

• 2 weeks later...

The labels are being updated so that they always stick to the line, which will allow them to remain visible even as you scroll to the right. Thanks for the feedback.

Guest asrequested

Did not indicate that this was in 2.6.5.

Ha! I guess I got a little excited :)

Guest asrequested

@@Luke the guide is improved, but it still center aligns. It need's to left align, with maybe the past hour or 30 mins showing. And not be able to scroll back further.

590fa9f83377d_Capture_38.gif

Edited by Doofus

denz

The guide is better but it still keeps going back to an earlier time as you scroll up and down the time should be fixed because I can end up at the beginning of the day. It is a little long overdue improvement.  

speedingcheetah

Would prefer when u open it...far left is current time block...like WMC did. u can then scroll back left for past shows...etc. Center align of current time is just too odd for me. I don't care what was on an hour ago. My natural instinct is to look on the far left of the table (not center) for current programming block...like every other guide i have used (comcast/dish/tivo box included)

How about making it a user changeable option - left or center align?

Also, when u go from fullscreen to windowed...it often scrolls the guide to hours back.

• Like 1

denz

Totally agree wmc is more natural and correct method. Still a lot of work needed but at least there is some movement even though it is tiny it is something. 

59101ad619925_Capturewmc.png

59101aeac3ea1_Captur66777e.png