One more sort problem ... and a bigger one

PBzeer

Got the sorting figured out in my movies, but the playback sound volume is about half of what it is on everything else I use. I've looked on the computer, the server, mbc and in wmc for a relevant setting, but haven't found one. I'm running Win 7 pro 32-bit with conextant onboard sound (have updated drivers) on a laptop which I plug into my stereo (I'm on a boat, so it's a car unit). Had no problem with MB2 and volume, but I don't know what else to try.

Added my music, mostly just to browse it, but in my Classical folder I have a few albums that won't sort to their sort title (edited them in the library on the server. The right sort title shows, and I even added the composers name at the beginning of the album title, but still they won't sort right.

The right sort title shows

The sort title isn't displayed anywhere except the metadata editor.  Is that where you are talking about?

The sort title isn't displayed anywhere except the metadata editor.  Is that where you are talking about?

Yes, in the metadata editor.

I believe you can boost audio in the LAV Audio settings.

Not sure what you mean by LAV. (Mostly I know just enough to get myself in trouble)

Koleckai Silvestri

It is one of the codecs used by MediaBrowser by default. Handles the internal playback. If you don't have LAV, you would have to look at your audio codecs.

Only have 2 channels, but played with mixing anyway. As well as anything else that seemed likely. Nothing made a difference. Next step is re-rip a dvd keeping all sound options (I had been keeping only the highest).

Did some more checking. Hooked my portables with the VIDEO_TS folders back up, and volume is normal for them, so it would seem to be a problem with the MKV files. I rip the main title and all available sound (in English). Tried converting one to MPEG-4, didn't help any. Music plays fine, as do the VOB files. I guess the next thing to try is ripping the whole file to MKV .... which kinda defeats the whole point in using it.

• 6 years later...