developer mode 2014 H6400

familyorangutan

familyorangutan

Hi all, I am trying to install the Emby app on my samsung 2014 H6400 tv.

I have changed the app store to US.

When I try to use the login 'develop', I receive a message saying the samsung account ID is already in use.

Any solution to access the developer mode or a usb installation of the app?

Thank you for your help.

OU

FrostByte

There is no need to change your region to US as the official Emby store app hasn't been approved by Samsung for your 2014 TV yet.  I'm sure Luke will announce when it is approved.  The only app for 2014 att is the one here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-2011-2014-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277344

familyorangutan

well, according to the link you attached, which I read before, I was under the impression that my 2014 H series qualified....

CBers

well, according to the link you attached, which I read before, I was under the impression that my 2014 H series qualified....

That's the Orsay app, not Tizen.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Those instructions say nothing about changing your region so you can get to US store, it's downloaded from the IP in the instructions I linked.  But then you would know that if you read it :)

Edited by FrostByte

familyorangutan

yea that's right...so any chance for Emby app on Orsay OS anytime soon?...or should I stay with Plex...

FrostByte

The official app is coming.  Developers are working to get it approved by Samsung for all Samsung Smart TVs and released worldwide.  Until then you can use the one at that link.  It works well, it just doesn't have the newer Emby Theater look of the new app

familyorangutan

thank you for your reply, yes I did read it, the change of app store was done before. My issue, as per my first post is that I cannot activate the developer mode...but I'll be patient until the official release....

• 6 months later...
FrostByte

I am having the same exact issue as noted in post 1

First, which app are you trying to install (official from store, or third party)?  Where are you located (country)?

The OP was trying to change his region and logon as develop.  There is no need to log in as develop if changing your region to load the official app, and there is no reason to change your region if loading the third party app while logging in as develop.  So if you did the same thing as the OP then we should start there to make sure you're following the correct instructions for installing the app you want.

this is now getting extremely annoying that I have to edit all my posts so that my message appears !! @@Abobader

FrostByte, I appreciate the feedback and clearly I left out some info.

I am simply trying to install the Emby app on my samsung H series TV.  The TV is already set to US and I have tried to factory reset with same issue.

If I follow the H series instructions, I am not able to use "develop" as a login since the samsung service denies it as already used.

I have looked online for alternative methods ( such as the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 method ) and still cannot get into "develop" mode to install the app.

Is it possible to install it from a flash driver ( as in sideload it ?).

Edited by Luke

FrostByte

Okay, I assume you want the new official app then and are using the instructions at the link below for your 2014 H-series tv

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45404-how-to-install-the-official-emby-app-on-a-samsung-smart-tv-outside-the-usuk/

However, it doesn't say anything about using develop for the official app.  Once you change your region you just go to the Samsung store and load the app from there.  

CBers

@@Tester, as @@FrostByte says, if you're installing from the Samsung Store, then logging in as develop isn't required.

If you're trying to install the community written Orsay app, then you don't need to change your region to USA.

Which country are you in?

FrostByte, I did not use those instructions because I read that as only for those outside of US/UK ( which I am not ).. But clearly I misread that.

So using those instructions I was able to install and launch the app.

But now I am stuck at the Connect To Server login since I cannot figure out how to type 0 for address 192.168.0.xxx.  The entry reverts to AB entry as opposed to XT9 and I cannot figure out how to switch it, while in AB the 0 button is space.

Ok, I figured out how to change the entry format, one has to hit the - key to change the entry format.

That was an very aggravating hour of my life I will never get back.

All working now, thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Tester

FrostByte

Glad you got it working, but did you say you live in the US or UK and changed your region?

If you're in the US or UK then you don't need to follow those instructions and change your region.  You should be able to see the app in the store without changing your region.  Those instructions were just for people who live outside those two countries because the developers are still working to get the app approved for publishing to the official Samsung store outside the US/UK

So if you're in the US/UK and changed your region I would change it back to the way it was and then reinstall the app from the store.  If the instructions in the pinned posts are confusing I can make changes, 

Sorry about the lost hour :(

FrostByte.. I started with these instructions not realizing I could simple go straight to the store and install emby.  Why, I am not sure, I just did

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-2011-2013-third-party-app-install-instructions/

Then I posted my post and eventually you helped me.

The house is Samsung's fault, not you nor Emby's.  All working now although I need to sometimes run it a few times to load, but its a 2014 TV that will soon be upgraded, so no need to address this.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
drikosv8

Friends

I really need your help after helping me install the app on a Samsung D series.

Now I need to install the application on the Samsung TV Series H 2014, I already tried the two methods available here and I could not.

I changed the language of the terms and conditions to the US and the application appears in the store but says it can not be installed.

I tried the developer mode too plus when pressing enter and arrow down together does not open the screen to put the ip address.

What should I do? Help me.

Do you have the application on your computer? and I can install with pendrive ?.

Thank you very much and I hope you can help me.

Amigos

Eu realmente preciso da sua ajuda depois de me ajudar a instalar o aplicativo em uma série Samsung D.

Agora eu preciso instalar o aplicativo no Samsung TV Series H 2014, já tentei os dois métodos disponíveis aqui e não consegui.

Alterei o idioma dos termos e condições para os EUA e o aplicativo aparece na loja, mas diz que não pode ser instalado.

Eu tentei o modo de desenvolvedor também, mais ao pressionar Enter e a seta para baixo juntos, não abre a tela para colocar o endereço IP.

O que devo fazer? Ajude-me.

Você tem o aplicativo no seu computador? e eu posso instalar com pendrive?

Muito obrigado e espero que você possa me ajudar.
Edited by drikosv8

FrostByte

The keypad not opening up to enter the IP has been fixed in the next version.  You should be able to force the keypad to show though by scrolling down to the port box and then back up to the IP box

drikosv8

I did not understand, explain me, please.

*I can not install the application

I already logged into Samsung developer account.

In explanation, I say that I have to put the cursor in an application, then pressing Enter and the key to go down together, but it does not appear on the screen for I put ip, do not understand what I'm doing wrong, can you help me please?

Amigos

Eu não entendi, me explique, por favor.

Já entrei na conta de desenvolvedor da Samsung.

Em explicação, eu digo que tenho que colocar o cursor em um aplicativo, depois pressionando Enter e a tecla para descer juntos, mas não aparece na tela porque coloco ip, não entendo o que estou fazendo de errado, Você pode me ajudar por favor?

Edited by drikosv8

FrostByte

Which app are you working on?  I thought you were loading the app from the Store and you don't need to log in as develop when loading that app.  I may be confused why you changed your region and you are logging in as develop because those are different steps for two different apps.

Can you post a link to what you are trying to do?  Remember, we have two apps 1. the old unofficial app which isn't in development anymore and requires you to log in as develop and 2. the newer official ET app which requires you to change your region if not living in the US/UK/IRE.  

drikosv8

I tried both methods

the first was to change the region, the application appears, but does not allow install. How to solve this method?

Second method I used was login as a developer, but when I click enter with the down key together, the window does not appear to enter the ip that causes the emby application to download. Help me solve this method too?

Because none of the 2 worked for me

Eu tentei ambos os métodos

O primeiro foi mudar a região, o aplicativo aparece, mas não permite a instalação. Como resolver este método?

O segundo método que usei foi o login como desenvolvedor, mas quando eu clicar em enter com a tecla de baixo em conjunto, a janela não aparece para inserir o ip que faz com que o aplicativo emby seja baixado. Ajude-me a resolver esse método também?

Porque nenhum dos dois trabalhou para mim

Edited by drikosv8

FrostByte

Ok, lets tackle one app at a time then.  

Are these the instruction you are trying for the old app then for H-series?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-2011-2014-third-party-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277344  

Do you see this menu with the IP Setting option?

5a640ddd6dc24_WP_20180120_001.jpg

• Like 1

drikosv8

@@FrostByte

No, when I press enter together with the down key, this window does not appear to put ip.

Não, quando eu pressionar enter junto com a tecla para baixo, esta janela não parece colocar ip

Press 2 keys? (enter the enter key + key down) or just the (down key?), because pressing the 2 keys does not open this window with the information.

Edited by drikosv8

FrostByte

No, in order to see the "IP Setting" box in my pic above you have to navigate to any app in the hub and hold down the enter key for about 3 seconds.  Then the box you see in the pic should pop up.

"After you logged on as develop you can press the smart hub button on your remote. Go to my app's list and on one of the installed apps hold the enter button down for a few seconds."