Separate 'Additional Parts' of a movie

caseyejreynolds
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

caseyejreynolds

I've been racking my brain for hours and googling for days for this... I have a movie trilogy - specifically the Karate Kid - that has grouped itself together as a single movie. These to me are separate movies and I should be able to list them as such. Other movies don't give me this problem, or at very least there's been an option to split those apart (i.e. Mockingjay parts 1 & 2 were lumped together as one, but I had the option to split them apart.)

Why can't I split this one trilogy?

Edited by caseyejreynolds

caseyejreynolds

Hi Sheldon. Yes, they are in the same folder along with all my other movies. The file names are 'Karate Kid 1.avi' 'Karate Kid 2.avi' and 'Karate Kid 3.avi'

• Solution
Deathsquirrel

Hi Sheldon. Yes, they are in the same folder along with all my other movies. The file names are 'Karate Kid 1.avi' 'Karate Kid 2.avi' and 'Karate Kid 3.avi'

Name them correctly and the problem should go away.  Currently it's working as designed and should show those as Karate Kid, a single movie in three split parts.

1. Remove the movies from the folder.  If you store metadata in the folder remove or delete the .NFO files too.
  2. Run a library scan
  3. Run database cleanup
  4. Rename the movies to match TMDB

The Karate Kid (1984).avi

The Karate Kid Part II (1986).avi

The Karate Kid Part III (1989).avi

5. Put them back in your movie folder
  6. Run a library scan

Alternatively, think about putting different movies in different folders.  Each movie in its own folder, with the folder name using the TMDB title and year shown above, would also fix this and let you own both Conan the Barbarian (1982) an Conan the Barbarian (2011) if you wanted.

Edited by Deathsquirrel
  • Like 1

caseyejreynolds

So I renamed the files, refreshed the library, and lo and behold they were there! This does beg the question though: Why were other movies in my collection so easy to separate and this set was such a pain in the <insert body part of your choice here>?

• 1 year later...
Riggs

Check our wiki on movie naming:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Scroll down to the section about file stacking (multi-part movies). You probably had them named in a way that they were being interpreted as a single multi-file movie.

Hi @@Luke

I read again the wiki section naming of the movies.

I can't find any option for the 4K content in case of multi- version movies.

Is there any option implemented? UHD or 4K for example...

Thanks.

Edited by HRSCR

Riggs
You mean:

/Movies

/300

/300 - 1080p

/300 - UHD.mkv

/300 - 4K.mkv ?

So, any word can by handle for the server and the only thing that need to add is " - " or brackets "?

I'm right?

Thanks

From the wiki:

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - " or brackets " [720p] ". If this requirement is not met, they will be treated as separate videos. The text following the dash can be anything you want and will be what you see when Emby apps give you the option to select a specific version.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

Riggs

From the wiki:

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Yes, it works perfect.

Thank you very much for your time.

Really appreciated.

Have a nice weekend