Game Browser doesn't work for some Consoles

Arturito

Arturito

Recently i gave emby another chance to manage my game library as it is now compatible with xinput.

So i configured everything, the folders, the emby server, the game browser, and external players

The games library on Emby Server: Path: D:\Consoles\%console%\%game%\%game%.extension

I have the following Consoles configured

Console                      Extension                           Show play button?

Amiga                              .adf                                              yes

Arcade                             .zip                                              no

Nintendo GC                    .gcm                                            no

Nintendo N64                   .n64                                            no

Nintendo NES                  .nes                                             yes

Nintendo SNES                .smc                                            no

Nintendo Wii                     .wbfs                                           no

Nintendo Wii U                 .wud                                            no

Sega Dreamcast              .cdi                                               no

Sony Playstation              .pbp                                             no

Sony Playstation 2           .cso                                              no

Sony PSP                        .cso                                              no

Everything is configured correctely, i don't know why the play button only appear on the Amiga and NES, maybe because the extension is wrong on the others, is there a list of wich extensios gamebrowser actually supports?

cash84

I had this issue a while back and I tried again, it still shows the same issue as you showing above. Just waiting for someone to be able to tackle this. I'd be willing to pay someone that could fix this.

cash84

Okay I found the bug. You must have the Save artwork and metadata into media folders box checked in the library setting. You need to edit the game.xml in your game folder. Look for <GameSystem></GameSystem> with what ever game system you looking at. Also, go into the gamesystem.xml and look for the same thing. Now these two MUST MATCH! I know Nintendo 64 will show up in the game.xml. In the gamesystem.xml it will show up as Nintendo64. You would have to space out the 64 in the gamesystem.xml or take the space out of the game.xml. This does apply to all game system. I got the play button to work on 5 of them. I try to do a rescan but haven't got it to update. So I just delete the library folder and just re add it. Let me know if this works for you.

EDIT: I try to edit the gamesystem.xml and just take the space out and then I re scanned, it didn't bring the play button to any games. The game.xml must be edited only. Gamesystem.xml will not do anything. As far as I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by cash84

Arturito

I don't know why i haven't tried this before, it works, didn't even have to remove the library, just add the space on game.xml, rescan and voilá the play button shows up!

Thanks man ;D

Now one more thing, my emby theater keeps Always on top, so when i launch a game it stay behind emby theater, so i made a script with AutoHotkey that removes this Always on top from emby window, so now i can ALT+TAB normally and the game no longer stays behind emby, but i noticied that when i'm playing the game with my Xbox one controller, everything i press in game goes to emby theater as well even if the emby theater window not beeing active or visible it grabs my Xbox controller input, so when i'm playing suddently another game is launched, because i was pressing A, A, A, to jump in game for example, this happens with you to?

Edited by Don Jon

Frank Drebin

Is it possible editing the extensions for emulators?

f.e. i use .ccd for psx games, iso for ps2 etc etc.

Arturito

Agree its a good idea, for some games i use compressed isos, like .cso for PS2 games, and emby only recognize .bin or .iso i think and it would solve PC games too by using .ahk scripts as extension for PC games, so if i could change the extension i want to use per plataform would be great.