"Invalid Application" when clikcing on Favorites, Movie Genres Collections....

mbguy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I get an error message "Invalid Application: Unable to Launch Media Browser 3" followed a crash of MBC, whenever I attempt to enter (by clicking 'OK" on my remote or by left-clicking with the mouse on the link of) a Collection, specifically "Movies by Genres" and "Favorites" under the default Chocolate theme on MBC3.

On the other hand, all other Media Folders that I set up manually such as TV, Movies etc work normally without this error message. Where do I start to troubleshoot this?

I'm using:

-MB3 Server Version 3.0.5135.31685

-MBC Client Version 3.0.117.0 B1-23.1

Attached are the MBC log and Windows Event Log, hopefully they help.

Events Log.txt

MBClassic-922014d1a8857f2bfd494198e3295c3708f013.log

Edited by mbguy

Cheesegeezer

I get an error message "Invalid Application: Unable to Launch Media Browser 3" followed a crash of MBC, whenever I attempt to enter (by clicking 'OK" on my remote or by left-clicking with the mouse on the link of) a Collection, specifically "Movies by Genres" and "Favorites" under the default Chocolate theme on MBC3.

On the other hand, all other Media Folders that I set up manually such as TV, Movies etc work normally without this error message. Where do I start to troubleshoot this?

I'm using:

-MB3 Server Version 3.0.5135.31685

-MBC Client Version 3.0.117.0 B1-23.1

Attached are the MBC log and Windows Event Log, hopefully they help.

Does this happen with other themes.  It appears that you are getting errors from those two folders in your MBC Log.  

The logs don't really give anything obvious away.

Try it with Subdued and Classic (free ones) and see if you still get the same error.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Solution

Either downgrade Chocolate to 3.0.3.2 or install the dev version of MBC (it is about to go beta anyway).

• Like 1