Profile to Force DownMix to Stereo

Spaceboy

pünktchen

No, but it easy to create a new profile.

Do you really want to downmix to stereo or do you want to just get rid of the "nar" stream?

pünktchen

Open "C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml" with an editor and paste the following:

<TranscoderProfile>
      <Name>Downmix to stereo</Name>
      <Description>Copy video and transcode audio to stereo</Description>
      <Bandwidth>15000</Bandwidth>
      <Targets>
        <Target>android</Target>
      </Targets>
      <Transport>http</Transport>
      <MaxOutputWidth>1920</MaxOutputWidth>
      <MaxOutputHeight>1080</MaxOutputHeight>
      <MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
      <HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>
      <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg</Transcoder>
      <TranscoderParameters>
        <codecParameters>-codec:v copy -codec:a aac -b:a 512k -ac 2 -strict experimental -async 1 -sn -f mpegts</codecParameters>
      </TranscoderParameters>
    </TranscoderProfile>

If you've set your prefered stream language in MPExtended configurator, you will only get "eng" but not "nar" anymore.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Open "C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml" with an editor and paste the following:

<TranscoderProfile>
      <Name>Downmix to stereo</Name>
      <Description>Copy video and transcode audio to stereo</Description>
      <Bandwidth>15000</Bandwidth>
      <Targets>
        <Target>android</Target>
      </Targets>
      <Transport>http</Transport>
      <MaxOutputWidth>1920</MaxOutputWidth>
      <MaxOutputHeight>1080</MaxOutputHeight>
      <MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
      <HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>
      <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg</Transcoder>
      <TranscoderParameters>
        <codecParameters>-codec:v copy -codec:a aac -b:a 512k -ac 2 -strict experimental -async 1 -sn -f mpegts</codecParameters>
      </TranscoderParameters>
    </TranscoderProfile>

If you've set your prefered stream language in MPExtended configurator, you will only get "eng" but not "nar" anymore.

excellent, thanks but track selection seems to be better now ebr has fixed it.

i think there are two problems:

1 DVB-S2 seems to behave weirdly on android. particularly when you switch between audio tracks. i've tried every player available and they all exhibit the same problem to one degree or another

2 regardless video quality is awful. i think that this is down to the way the android app invokes vlc because we had the same issue and observations on a prior version of vlc and both then and now it works perfectly when using vlc as an external player.

is it possible to do both? remove the NAR track and downmix the DD+ audio to stereo?

pünktchen

is it possible to do both? remove the NAR track and downmix the DD+ audio to stereo?

See my post above. Without a language selection this will happen: All but one audio stream and all subtitle streams will be removed. The audio stream that is left over for transcoding is the one with highest bitrate and or most channels.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Spaceboy

See my post above. Without a language selection this will happen: All but one audio stream and all subtitle streams will be removed. The audio stream that is left over for transcoding is the one with highest bitrate and or most channels.

hi punktchen, does this profile work for you? i placed it in the xml file and can select it in the mp emby config but no video ever starts in either the web client or on android. thanks

pünktchen

Yes it was working here, but you have to use the test plugin i've provided you in the other thread or set a profile name without spaces. Something in Emby server broke this.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yes it was working here, but you have to use the test plugin i've provided you in the other thread or set a profile name without spaces. Something in Emby server broke this.

cheers, i'll get it going tonight

• 1 month later...
Spaceboy

hi punktchen, i finally got some time to try this again. definitely making some good progress. i installed https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41457-how-to-trigger-recordingstatuschanged-event/?p=435255 this version of the plugin and removed the spaces in the profile name for good measure.

it works well for live tv. the streaming profile downmixes the DD+ track to aac stereo and the audio is in sync. hopefully i can find some way to make the video smoother, but this is good. i have to set the video to direct play on android tv, i get no video if i don't allow direct play. so it also doesnt work in the browser.

unfortunately there's one key problem. i need this to apply to tv recorded by mediaportal as well as live tv because it has exactly the same audio tracks. is there a way i can get mediaportal to use the streaming profile on recorded tv too?

Could you also edit the streaming profile to include the subs?

i keep getting the error

Refresh timers with changes from MediaPortal TVServer failed.

i'm not sure what i need to do to fix this.

thanks for your help

pünktchen

it works well for live tv. the streaming profile downmixes the DD+ track to aac stereo and the audio is in sync. hopefully i can find some way to make the video smoother, but this is good. i have to set the video to direct play on android tv, i get no video if i don't allow direct play. so it also doesnt work in the browser.

I only have this problem on Android TV when the video stream is copied by Emby's ffmpeg. This problem exists since a long time for me on a FireTV Stick and also on a Shield. It plays fine, if i force transcoding by lowering the app bitrate. In browsers i don't have any playback problem right now.

unfortunately there's one key problem. i need this to apply to tv recorded by mediaportal as well as live tv because it has exactly the same audio tracks. is there a way i can get mediaportal to use the streaming profile on recorded tv too?

You could replace your finished recordings with a transcoded version by a custom batch and the ComSkip plugin of the TVServer. If you want to try it, i'll create a batch file tomorrow.

Could you also edit the streaming profile to include the subs?

Just replace -sn by -codec:s copy ​in the line of codecParameters and don't forget to set your prefered language in MPExtended.

i keep getting the error

Refresh timers with changes from MediaPortal TVServer failed.

i'm not sure what i need to do to fix this.

I don't get this anymore, so i think i've fixed this already in the release version that is waiting since one week for @@Luke to be published.

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Ok, I've given up fighting to get the HD channels to play nicely on android. The workarounds just end up taking away other functionality.

So what I have done is created an Emby channel set in MP just consisting of the sd versions of each channel and my aim is to get these working as well as possible.

So, one of the key issues I'm having with the latest version of the plugin that you created is the refresh of the timer cache. I get the error messages that it has failed and if I go to the scheduled tab in live tv of any client I can see schedules going back to last October.

Does something need setting server side for this to work?

pünktchen

Oktober??? I don't have any clue how this can happen and how to debug this. The cache is only a RAM memory cache of the timers that i get from MediaPortal. So without this option you should see the time. Of course you can pm me a log after enabling the debug option in the plugin.

@@optimalt and @@jds828 do you still use my plugin and if so, do you have also problems?

Edited by pünktchen

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy do you also still get the error message about the refresh timer task in Emby's notifications?

hi, yes. Those were the error messages I was referring to. I can't see what schedule it's supposed to run on but I think it might be succeeding intermittently. Sometimes I see failures every 12 hours other times it's once a day.

The old scheduled recordings still listed seem to be where recordings failed due to lack of signal. But I don't see them in MP, only Emby

pünktchen

hi, yes. Those were the error messages I was referring to. I can't see what schedule it's supposed to run on but I think it might be succeeding intermittently. Sometimes I see failures every 12 hours other times it's once a day.

This could happen at times when the internal task is running but MPExtended or TVServer is offline.

Is this the case sometimes?

The old scheduled recordings still listed seem to be where recordings failed due to lack of signal. But I don't see them in MP, only Emby

Logs?

Spaceboy

This could happen at times when the internal task is running but MPExtended or TVServer is offline.

Is this the case sometimes?

Logs?

shouldnt happen ever, they are on the same machine.

logs pm'd

Spaceboy

thanks to punktchen the historic timers have been cleared and the guide seems to have settled down in terms of epg. i think clearing the timers has also helped where emby was not getting a timely response from MP and "on now" was not fetched.

so, onwards. what is the expectation around active recordings? using kodi as a client i can playback active recordings, pause and seek.

in Emby i can playback in progress recordings and from my recent experience they are playing through to the end of the recording. i dont seem to be able to transit or pause within an active recording though. it doesnt matter if i have the android app set to direct play live tv or not, it always plays direct/v. from the timeline Emby doesnt seem to know where the live position is.

this functionality is available using internal embytv, is it possible to allow this for external services too? good progress has been made with external services recently, but these last few bits of functionality are needed

thanks to punktchen the historic timers have been cleared and the guide seems to have settled down in terms of epg. i think clearing the timers has also helped where emby was not getting a timely response from MP and "on now" was not fetched.

so, onwards. what is the expectation around active recordings? using kodi as a client i can playback active recordings, pause and seek.

in Emby i can playback in progress recordings and from my recent experience they are playing through to the end of the recording. i dont seem to be able to transit or pause within an active recording though. it doesnt matter if i have the android app set to direct play live tv or not, it always plays direct/v. from the timeline Emby doesnt seem to know where the live position is.

this functionality is available using internal embytv, is it possible to allow this for external services too? good progress has been made with external services recently, but these last few bits of functionality are needed

fyi, android mobile has not implemented seeking live streams yet, so that is probably why. any app that currently has implemented it should work with the plugins too.

Spaceboy

fyi, android mobile has not implemented seeking live streams yet, so that is probably why. any app that currently has implemented it should work with the plugins too.

this is with android tv

Spaceboy

More info. It does work fine with live tv, you can pause and transit. But active recordings are started direct/v and I don't see a way of passing it through the server

Spaceboy

any further Thoughts on why active recordings only play direct /v? Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

i dont seem to be able to transit or pause within an active recording though. it doesnt matter if i have the android app set to direct play live tv or not, it always plays direct/v. from the timeline Emby doesnt seem to know where the live position is.

Ok, this is not really the best place for an app-specific issue. can you bring this up in the appropriate android section of the community? thanks !