79 replies to this topic

#1 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3768 posts
  • Local time: 09:04 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

1) When you press the back arrow and are presented with the screen to Exist Emby - OK, Cancel, there should be an option to Switch Users. This takes you to the User Selection Screen. It is annoying to have to exit the app in order to switch user profiles.

2) In order to get subtitles to display most of the time, I have to hit *, see if it the subtitle is selected (it usually is), then hit Okay. Then pause and restart playback. Only then will the subtitles appear. My user is set to always display subtitles.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri, 21 March 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#2 Guest_Grace1313_* OFFLINE  

Guest_Grace1313_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

You can switch users in settings, sign out.
You can easily bring up the settings screen from the home page using *

Edited by Grace1313, 22 March 2017 - 07:51 AM.

#3 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts
  • Local time: 12:04 AM

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

For 1 - hit * (or select the settings option from the bottom row) and then select "Switch Server"

For 2 - can you please play something for which you think subs should automatically select and then submit a log from the app?  Thanks.

• tyr_88 likes this

#4 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3768 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

1) Should be able to easily be added to the menu that automatically pops up by pressing the back button. Why make your users work harder?

2) If I figure out how to get a log from the app, I'll submit one.

#5 dcook OFFLINE  

dcook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

@ebr he is talking about switching users not servers.

I agree before exiting the app it should take you back to the select user screen

For 1 - hit * (or select the settings option from the bottom row) and then select "Switch Server"

For 2 - can you please play something for which you think subs should automatically select and then submit a log from the app?  Thanks.

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

@ebr he is talking about switching users not servers.

I know and that is actually a problem with our terminology right now.  "Select Server" actually means change servers OR users.

• StLDreiling likes this

#7 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

2) If I figure out how to get a log from the app, I'll submit one.

• Go to app settings and turn on debug options
  • Restart the app
  • Reproduce the problem
  • Go back to the home screen and select "Send Log" on the bottom row
  • Come back here and tell me what time you did that and the name of the Emby user

#8 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3958 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Why do you have to restart the app after? It isnt required. Hopefully that gets addressed too. Stop taking the lazy way on things. Sheesh.

Edited by speechles, 22 March 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#9 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

Why do you have to restart the app after? It isnt required. Hopefully that gets addressed too. Stop taking the lazy way on things. Sheesh.

It makes sure that I'm looking at the proper logging.

#10 Guest_Grace1313_* OFFLINE  

Guest_Grace1313_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

Lol

#11 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3768 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

• Go to app settings and turn on debug options
  • Restart the app
  • Reproduce the problem
  • Go back to the home screen and select "Send Log" on the bottom row
  • Come back here and tell me what time you did that and the name of the Emby user

Should add this to "How to Report a Problem". Will do this tonight. Don't usually get access to the television until 10pm.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri, 22 March 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#12 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3958 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

It makes sure that I'm looking at the proper logging.

It makes the "send debug logs" button appear when you restart. It wont until you do. You can say other things, but I know the real reason. You couldnt figure out how to make it appear unless they restarted. This is why you have to explain how to send logs. Nothing is clear about how that decision was made. The users cant see their own debug logs, nope, has to send the logs to you. How simple it would be to add a screen so users could see their own logs themselves, but for some reason... I digress, this isnt an emby app I use, so no loss to me..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles, 22 March 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#13 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Should add this to "How to Report a Problem". Will do this tonight. Don't usually get access to the television until 10pm.

I was holding off on doing this because it only applies to the beta version of the app but I have just added it (with a note that it applies just to the beta).

We'll see how many people try to do it from the old app ;).

#14 tyr_88 OFFLINE  

tyr_88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Local time: 10:04 PM
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

I put beta through good testing last night user swap works fine via settings for me, not 1 issue here.

Via Roku

Settings / Options / Select Server / "Choose yours" / right key or OK / should display all created users there just swap out

Excellent build on this beta version

#15 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3768 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

I put beta through good testing last night user swap works fine via settings for me, not 1 issue here.

Via Roku

Settings / Options / Select Server / "Choose yours" / right key or OK / should display all created users there just swap out

Excellent build on this beta version

Too many clicks. Just simpler to go to the Roku Home Screen and reenter the app instead of pressing 20 down arrows just getting to the settings screen. I don't actually expect it to be fixed because customer satisfaction and ease of use aren't big on the roadmap. 

Captions work well in Debug mode. They don't work with debug mode off. So I guess that will never get fixed either.

• dcook likes this

#16 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124277 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

@Koleckai Silvestri, what is your suggestion? We are always open to ideas for improvement. Thanks !

#17 tyr_88 OFFLINE  

tyr_88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Local time: 10:04 PM
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Too many clicks. Just simpler to go to the Roku Home Screen and reenter the app instead of pressing 20 down arrows just getting to the settings screen. I don't actually expect it to be fixed because customer satisfaction and ease of use aren't big on the roadmap. 

Captions work well in Debug mode. They don't work with debug mode off. So I guess that will never get fixed either.

How do have that many lines to go through???

I have like 4 or 5 let me check I will post back a screen shot, this new build eliminated all the clicky for me the movies were straight right now everything is like my Admin - Server interface on Win10 except it outdone that in my opinion.

I have only seen 1 thing happen and was load of 1080p clips of that 6.5hr documentary I froze had to reboot Roku so I know it was on my end there was a windows update as well I seen later.

Or do you mean lines to settings via VIEW ALL then try to? Because that is totally different just backspace then go right to settings at bottom.

Edited by tyr_88, 26 March 2017 - 12:10 AM.

#18 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 43736 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

That option should have absolutely no effect on subtitles so can you please provide an example of what this issue was?  Thanks.

#19 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3768 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

@Koleckai Silvestri, what is your suggestion? We are always open to ideas for improvement. Thanks !

The option to switch users on the "exit menu" when you press the back button one too many times.

• ifignella likes this

#20 ifignella OFFLINE  

ifignella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

The option to switch users on the "exit menu" when you press the back button one too many times.

Good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users