M3U Overlapping Recordings Failing

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

and secondly, there is still an issue with iptv which hopefully another user can confirm. if you have a recording being made and you are watching live tv the live tv stream will always pause as the recording finishes in the background. it seems to happen every time. the only way to fix it is to back out of the stream and restart. i've waited and the video does not restart.

That is not true. If you can properly report your issue, we will be happy to look into it. Thanks !

ok logs sent demonstrating this. its right at the end of the log. i was watching bbc news at ten live while it was also recording. the live tv stream paused at exactly the point where the recording finished 22.33.

Can you discuss what happened, in what order, and from what apps? thanks.

Spaceboy

Can you discuss what happened, in what order, and from what apps? thanks.

theres nothing further to add. i was watching bbc news on bbc1 hd on the android tv on my shield. bbc news at ten is a daily scheduled recording. the recording started and finished on time with 3 mins padding either side. at 22.33 the live stream of bbc1 HD paused and could not be restarted without backing out of the stream and restarting it.

this happens all the time in this scenario, regardless of whether i'm watching the program thats being recorded or any other one.

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

For newer setups as long as there is a tvg-id that should no longer happen.

sorry but this is rubbish. i've not once had the series recordings preserved and i have done this 10+ times now. every channel that has series recordings set up on it has a unique tvg-id

• 1 month later...
CBers

Hi, i've noticed from my first 2 days of heavier usage of live tv through m3u that overlapping recordings consistently don't run to full length.

I had 2 consecutive 1 hour (plus padding of 2 before and 3 after) recordings set up, on different channels via IPTV, but the 2nd one ended after only 6 minutes.

The 1st one recorded OK.

I have the server and ffmpeg logs and will post once I have sanitised them.

The reason for this post, is to ask @@Spaceboy if he's still seeing this issue, or if my error is local to me?

CBers

This is at the end of the ffmpeg/record-tranacode log:

frame=12362 fps= 26 q=-1.0 size=  146143kB time=00:08:14.43 bitrate=2421.4kbits/s speed=1.04x    
[http @ 0000000000ce3860] HTTP error 502 Bad Gateway
Error while filtering: Operation not permitted
frame=12364 fps= 26 q=-1.0 Lsize=  146232kB time=00:08:14.51 bitrate=2422.4kbits/s speed=1.04x    
video:138396kB audio:7950kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

CBers

I had a single recording fail tonight with the following in the record-transcode log:

frame=44186 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450238kB time=00:29:27.38 bitrate=2086.9kbits/s speed=1.01x    
frame=44202 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450374kB time=00:29:28.02 bitrate=2086.8kbits/s speed=1.01x    
frame=44224 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450561kB time=00:29:28.90 bitrate=2086.6kbits/s speed=   1x    
frame=44224 fps= 25 q=-1.0 Lsize=  450606kB time=00:29:28.90 bitrate=2086.8kbits/s speed=   1x    
video:422064kB audio:28958kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Any ideas please?

Ah, OK.

I'm glad you understand it :)

Some iptv providers provide a video url that is only like a 3 second video. You have to keep requesting it repeatedly to get more data. We accomplish that with the ffmpeg stream_loop param, which tells it to just keep looping forever, until user stops playback. Up until now it has been harmless to apply even when not needed, so now it looks like we're going to have to remove it and force the user to configure it when needed.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I had 2 consecutive 1 hour (plus padding of 2 before and 3 after) recordings set up, on different channels via IPTV, but the 2nd one ended after only 6 minutes.

The 1st one recorded OK.

The reason for this post, is to ask @@Spaceboy if he's still seeing this issue, or if my error is local to me?

hey! i've given up on using iptv as a recording source for now, it was far too unreliable. emby needs some functionality to allow it to deal better with momentary stream dropouts before it can be usable. presently i'm working on improving my MediaPortal integration in emby as its just rock solid as a recording server. also its the sport off season so less use for iptv anyway!

but what you are reporting is in line with what i originally reported and still see. i set emby up with the same series recordings using my iptv service. i am still regularly seeing incomplete recordings, but as no-one seemed interested i wasnt pursuing it for now. the proposed changes sound interesting and when they are ready i can review and report any changes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
lifespeed

Well there is this open ticket in ffmpeg:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6139

Looks like a workaround is removing the stream loop parameter but that will break things for those who need the stream looping.

Is this failure of ffmpeg stream_loop parameter relevant to a problem with IPTV .M3U playlists stopping after a few seconds even though stream looping is enabled in the Live TV M3U tuner?

• 1 year later...

I had a single recording fail tonight with the following in the record-transcode log:

frame=44186 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450238kB time=00:29:27.38 bitrate=2086.9kbits/s speed=1.01x    
frame=44202 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450374kB time=00:29:28.02 bitrate=2086.8kbits/s speed=1.01x    
frame=44224 fps= 25 q=-1.0 size=  450561kB time=00:29:28.90 bitrate=2086.6kbits/s speed=   1x    
frame=44224 fps= 25 q=-1.0 Lsize=  450606kB time=00:29:28.90 bitrate=2086.8kbits/s speed=   1x    
video:422064kB audio:28958kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Any ideas please?

@@CBers do you still use this same live tv source?

CBers

@@CBers do you still use this same live tv source?

No, I now use a different IPTV provider.

As an aside, I rarely use Live TV in Emby as the channel management is not there yet.

I do have it set up via XTeVe though.

• Like 1