Media library scan stuck

leforban

leforban

Hi !

I'm back giving a shot to emby but I still have the same kind of issues as in the beta. Can someone tell me why my library scan can't be completed ?

I'm running Emby 3.2.8.0 on a Synology DS414j.

Thanks !  ;)

Log.txt

leforban

It looks like you were right. I uninstalled the Kodi plugin and the scan has been completed. Then I reinstalled it and everything seems to work just fine. Thanks  ;)

Allan Cameron

I also get stuck now, Just started doing this yesterday.

The only plugin i have installed is the roku thumbs, but it was getting stuck before i installed the roku plugin.

Also tried a fresh server install yesterday, no help.

As i type this its been sitting at 55.7% for a while.

Edited by a1b2c3

Allan Cameron

Hi, that's not an Emby Server log, thanks !

Sorry.. my bad. I just did an edit and added the proper log.

Thanks Luke

There is no evidence that the scan is stuck, because as you the log file contains metadata downloading activity right up until the time you posted. The best thing to do:

Be patient

Most likely what is happening is you're sitting there watching the progress, and when it stops moving for a moment or two you're interpreting that as the scan being stuck. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Allan Cameron

There is no evidence that the scan is stuck, because as you the log file contains metadata downloading activity right up until the time you posted. The best thing to do:

Be patient

Most likely what is happening is you're sitting there watching the progress, and when it stops moving for a moment or two you're interpreting that as the scan being stuck. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

No it really does get stuck luke.. or call it what you want.. slow? I have had it take a few hours to finish after just adding one movie.

The server has never done this before. That's why i did a fresh re-install yesterday hopping that would help.

I have a very fast PC and ISP, so its for sure not anything to do with that. I am not new to emby and have had the server installed more times that i can remember and i have never had this "slow" er.. "stuck" issue.

Thanks Luke, I will do some more reading here and see if other are experiencing this recently as well.

Then please try removing the Roku plugin because that will cause the library scan to take significantly longer.

Allan Cameron

Then please try removing the Roku plugin because that will cause the library scan to take significantly longer.

All good, this was my problem. mikeraburn nailed it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46139-media-scan-taking-days-and-still-not-finished/

I just changed my chapter and thumb setting to NOT create when adding new content, but instead do it as a later task.

Much faster now.

Thanks!

Yes, that is explained here:

58d366f6f0385_Untitled.png

So the system was doing what you asked it to do before, and now it will continue doing that with the new settings.

mikeraburn

All good, this was my problem. mikeraburn nailed it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46139-media-scan-taking-days-and-still-not-finished/

I just changed my chapter and thumb setting to NOT create when adding new content, but instead do it as a later task.

Much faster now.

Thanks!

I did end up turning stuff back on so it would update immediately when new content was added.

Works well and efficiently.

TapTalk