Help me pick which power supply

all4dom

all4dom

Can I get everyone's input on which power supply to purchase. Not sure which one is better. (both are from newegg). Thanks

RAIDMAX Scorpio series RX-535AP-S 535W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Power Supply CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply

all4dom

Is the 550w modular & does it come with the cables. It does not mention that but it does say fully modular in the heading.

AdrianW

Doubt it'll come with a power lead though.

Power leads seem to come with everything (at least in Australia) I have way too many of the things.

CBers

Power leads seem to come with everything (at least in Australia) I have way too many of the things.

:)

Swynol

Can I get everyone's input on which power supply to purchase. Not sure which one is better. (both are from newegg). Thanks

RAIDMAX Scorpio series RX-535AP-S 535W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Power Supply CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply

what are you trying to power with it? 550w enough?

i'm looking at buying a 850w+ one soon. looking at the EVGA range. I would always stick with a main brand and also be careful with the corsair PSUs, they have some budget ones which i wouldnt go near but their enthusiast ones are fine.

all4dom

Just an intel I5 (3.4), 6 hard drives, no video cards and a blueray drive. It will be use as a home server. I also want to keep it efficient as possible.