Playback with transcode stopped working

skurvy_pirate
Go to solution Solved by bungee91,

• Solution
bungee91

Marking this as solved, ffmpeg is the culprit in my testing.

Updating the docker to use the most recent git build has resolved my issue(s).

For those running the docker (such as the OP), you can run the following command in SSH to update it within the container.

docker exec -it emby-server bash -c 'zypper --non-interactive in curl; \                                                                                                                                        ⏎
curl -sL https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar.xz | \
tar -C /bin --extract -J --wildcards "*/ffmpeg" --wildcards "*/ffprobe" --strip-components=1'

I changed "emby-server" to my container ID, you could also likely use the correct syntax for Emby-server:beta or whatever it is named.

Found this info in the Linux/docker thread.  

• Like 1

skurvy_pirate

Updating the version of ffmpeg in my Docker container also resolved the issue. Thanks for the resolution. I will head to the Docker thread to see why the current version of ffmpeg is being included.

• 4 weeks later...
SuperCurro

Updating the version of ffmpeg in my Docker container also resolved the issue. Thanks for the resolution. I will head to the Docker thread to see why the current version of ffmpeg is being included.

Great!! after months of dealing with this problem I take this version of ffmpeg and copy at  /var/lib/emby-server/ffmpeg, uninstall the ubuntu ffmpeg version and runs perfect.

Edited by SuperCurro