Use Emby connect as password

thatoneguy99

thatoneguy99

Hello everyone. It's thatoneguy99 back with another seemingly easy problem that I can't figure out.

Long story short I have finally figured out nginx and reverse proxy. I have it setup for domain/emby. It works great...

Now I have users that are connected through my server with Emby connect. If I go to my URL (domain/emby) I can log in as those users without having to enter a password. What I would like to do is only grant access to those users once they have signe in with their Emby connect information. I don't want them to have to create a password, I just want them to be able to use their Emby connect criteria.

I don't want anyone without an Emby connect account, in which I have added that Emby connect account to my server. I don't want to hide this user from the log in screen either. Is this possible? Am I explaining it clearly?

How do I lock down these user accounts, without making them create a password from within Emby, and letting them use their Emby connect account as their login? Anyone else that should happen to stumble across the server should have to either create an Emby connect account, or know the Emby connect login information of a user I already granted access to...

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Edited by thatoneguy99

You should assign them a password yourself in your local emby server. You don't even have to tell them what that password is because they can use emby connect.