VERY inconsistent performance in Safari

hstamas
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

hstamas

If I try to brows my media using the most recent version of Safari on OS X 10.10 I get very inconstant results.

Most of the issue is home page related where sometimes nothing loads at all and just shows the spinning busy animation (Emby's animation). Sometime I get the tabs at the top but they are a different font and inside of a white box with the tabs not working.

Hitting page refresh a bunch of time sometimes will fix things but most often (and consistently) a restart of Safari fixes everything until the next time I access the page again.

My guess is that its something Java related as I do believe that Apple now blocks Javascript doesn't it?

This also happens on my iPad but not nearly as often.

Everything seems to work perfectly fine in Chrome.

Any ideas?

On some of my test devices I see this occasionally with older versions of safari,but not newer versions.

hstamas

On some of my test devices I see this occasionally with older versions of safari,but not newer versions.

What version of Safari are you using @@Luke? Im on 10.0.2. What OS version are you running? Im still on Yosemite 10.10

@@mastrmind11 Im pretty sure its nothing server based just browser errors.

This is what I see a lot:

post-45887-0-15711600-1489777074_thumb.png

Edited by hstamas

• 4 weeks later...
hstamas

Bumping this as my issues using Safari only seem to be getting worse. I would say its a 50/50 shot if, when going to the Emby home screen I see anything on screen at all. Strangely quitting Safari then immediately going to the Emby home screen works every time. Does that say anything to you @@Luke?

Im not sure what else I can provide you as I am quite sure its a browser issue/incompatibility and not a server issue?

• Solution

I would suggest updating to mac OS sierra if your system supports it because the newer versions of OSX are getting the bulk of our testing time right now. Thanks !

• Like 1

hstamas

Safari v10.1 in both Yosemite and Sierra seems to have fixed my issue. Have tested all day clicking around in both OS versions and it has been consistently stable.

Thanks!