Emby and Transmission

soloam

soloam

Hello, I would like to detect if my server is streaming a file and pause my transmission if so! This would allow me to have full network bandwidth to the streaming.

I can make a simple batch file that monitor the transcoding folder, and if not empty, pause transmisson, but I think that a solution with the api would be better.

Can any one point me in the correct direction? Been wondering around the forum looking for documentation, but no luck.

Thank You

soloam

Sorry! Transmission is a bittorrent client, I should start by that! Basically what I what is to execute a batch every time Emby is playing something and another when is stooped!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
semioniy
On 17/03/2017 at 20:19, soloam said:

That is perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Hi. 

So, how did you make use of it? AFAIK you can't directly connect EMBY via webhook plugin with a torrent client. Did you write a small web server with a rudamentary logic that acts as a intermediary? 

• 2 weeks later...
semioniy

@soloamit would be really cool if you could share how you used the webhooks / if you were able to make automations work. I have 100Mbps down, but only 20Mbps up, and it's really important to slow down downloads when there are active sessions on Emby.