2 questions to change to MB3

JoanC2

Hi everybody,

Been long time with MB2 in Windows 7 MCE, now I'm thinking about trying MB3 server and MBClassic, also in WMCE, but there's two features I don't know If MB3 has.

Can I set entry points to the MB3 menu to create a custom menu strip in WMCE, as I had with MB2?

Is there some way to set MB3 Trailers plugin to get the trailers in my language (spanish), as it could be done in MB2 Film Trailers, selecting my country (Spain) in the plugin configuration?

If it can't be done, anyone knows some other trailer plugin for MB3 or WMCE that allows me to do this?

Thanks in advance ;)

Cheesegeezer

There is a post somewhere here, i cant find it but you can keep your custom menu strips, try a search.

As for the local trailers plugin, i dont believe there is a localisation lang that you can select or it takes from.

@@radeon does your Ytrailers cater for lang? Is it a feature you would implement.

Can I set entry points to the MB3 menu to create a custom menu strip in WMCE, as I had with MB2?

It depends on exactly what you mean.  If you mean can you move the main entry point for MBC then, yes, with the WMC hacking tools as you could before.  However, if you mean direct entry points into different parts of your library, then, no that feature is not supported anymore for a number of reasons.  One of which is the fact that we now have multiple user profiles.  Another is that we provide frequent updates and these break with every one of them making it just way too hard to support.

There is a utility posted out here that will allow you to sort of do it but you have to give up most of the features of user profiles in order to use that technique.

Sorry work has stopped me from saying nothing until now.

Thank you Cheesegeezer and ebr for the answers. I'd really like to try MB3, but what I have now is exactly this: Direct entry points into the folders of my library, and it took me so much time to have WMCE with MB just as I like (I did it with Media Center Themer, and also managed to get a direct entry into the Film Trailers plugin).

Mmmm... In fact I don't need different user profiles... ebr: Can you please tell me where can I find the posted utility you tell me?

It's also a pity that I can't see the latest movie trailers in my own language (I also love going to the cinema, and It's hard to me to follow a traile in english when it's "fast"). There are some good sites with trailers in spanish, and as an alternative, I've looked for some external program to download trailers into a folder of my library, so I can watch them with MB, but haven't found it.

Does anybody know about some program to do that?