2012 E Series - Cannot delete app solution?

palatkik

palatkik

HI,

We have a Samsung Smart TV 2012 E series that at one time had installed from the Samsung app store a LiveTV app. (See attached bottom right for app icon).

This app is no longer found on the Samsung store and when I select Tools Delete to remove from our TV it is removed temporarily only to reappear each time I restart the Smarthub.

* How does one completely remove an app that behaves like this?

post-196086-0-42768700-1489637920_thumb.jpg

FrostByte

What you did should have worked, but if not then you could try a Smart Hub Reset which will reset all apps back to factory settings.   If that fails then a factory reset of the tv will do it also.

CBers

Are you sure the Live TV app is not a system app, one that can't be uninstalled.

I know I have several on my Samsung F8000 that I can't remove.

palatkik

What you did should have worked, but if not then you could try a Smart Hub Reset which will reset all apps back to factory settings.   If that fails then a factory reset of the tv will do it also.

I tried the SH Reset as you suggested (thanks I wasn't aware of that option) but it left me with the factory default SH which then updated itself. I reinstalled all my old apps and then the darn Live TV app reappeared again?!

I will just live with I guess. A factory reset? Recently I did a system update via USB drive after downloading an updated operating system for the TV. Would this be same as factory reset?

palatkik

Are you sure the Live TV app is not a system app, one that can't be uninstalled.

I know I have several on my Samsung F8000 that I can't remove.

I'm fairly sure its not system app. It doesn't appear on my other Samsung TV's although they are newer models. I remember installing it myself years ago from Smart Hub store when searching for an IPTV app but found it to be fairly poor in comparison to Smart IPTV app which I now use. Since then it is no longer in the store.

FrostByte

Sorry, forgot to tell you when restting your Smart Hub that it would delete everything and you would be back to the point you were when you bought the TV.  The factory reset of the TV pretty much does the same, but for ALL settings.  Which may be a bigger PITA then just leaving the app there.

That is very odd, poor programming sounds like.  Is there a link or email address you contact their support?  Maybe try that if you don't want to try and do a factory reset.

I can't even delete the system apps on any of my Samsung's.  The option to delete them is disabled/grayed out.