My Media Posters (Icons) - Now with instructions!

BAlGaInTl

arrbee99

I tried it tonight with a folder that had nothing but photos.

It worked fine, so there must be something else going on with your situation

Thanks very much for trying. Hasn't worked yet. Maybe I'll try downloading a fresh beta and see if that helps...

BAlGaInTl

Thanks very much for trying. Hasn't worked yet. Maybe I'll try downloading a fresh beta and see if that helps...

I'm using the latest stable in Docker (Linux host) if that makes a difference.

arrbee99

I'm using the latest stable in Docker (Linux host) if that makes a difference.

Too exotic for me, am just a windows 10 person.

• 1 month later...
swhitmore

Tried Unset, hasn't produced a nice image yet. Maybe I'm in too much of a rush, though the other folder has had about 4 days to make one now. Oh well first world problems.

Hey, did you end up producing an image? I've been trying for a few hours but nothing.

arrbee99

Hey, did you end up producing an image? I've been trying for a few hours but nothing.

Nope. Only added a folder to make a library image. Occasionally added a few more, deleted the ones I added, added another one. Still won't. It obviously just knows what I'm trying to do and is just toying with me...

swhitmore

Yeah I even made a movie library and added the images I wanted as movie primary images. Still no go. Has anyone been able to create a new collection image?

arrbee99

Yeah I even made a movie library and added the images I wanted as movie primary images. Still no go. Has anyone been able to create a new collection image?

Just wondering if your a Windows person, BAlGaInTl above uses that Docker thing and it seems ok for him.

Also in this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54667-collection-icon-how-long-to-generate/  thread, which you've seen, the last post #15 jaspalgill  said it worked on a Synology build but stopped when moving to a Windows 2016 Server Core.

Edited by arrbee99

swhitmore

Yes, I'm on Windows. Interestingly, it works on existing libraries. If I delete the collection image for older libraries, new dynamic posters are generated. It's just not working for new collections.

@@Luke are you able to replicate this?

Edited by swhitmore

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

Just wondering - you added a new library with a few photos in and it made a dynamic image for it, in Windows ?

Can the server be made to refresh dynamic images on command - it seems make one or two whenever it feels the urge so it makes it difficult to look in the logs for a specific command (if you know of one) ?