My Media Posters (Icons) - Now with instructions!

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

TLDR: I figured out how to trick Emby in to doing this without the need for any photo editing:

Okay...

So I figured out how to trick Emby Server into creating the library poster you want. I'll do a more detailed explanation later, but here is the short version.

1. Create a Folder accessible to Emby and put the 4 images you want to use in it. I called my folder customposter.

2. Manage server and "Add Media Library".

3. Choose Content Type "Photos"

4. Pick a display name. I called mine customposter again

5. Add a folder to the library and point it at the folder from step one.

6. Click Ok

7. Wait Patiently.... I Rescanned my library, but I don't know if that is needed.

8. Go and grab the poster.png file in the directory for that library. I used directions in this post to figure that out.

9. Once you are done, you can get rid of that library. Or, you can keep it (I made mine so only I see it) to create more custom posters.

10. Because I just feel better about having 10 steps.

Hey all...

I'm still setting up Emby... I really like the way that the server creates the "My Media" icons from movies, music, etc.

Is there a way to manually recreate that to make icons for other items under My Media?

I downloaded a basic image with some network logos for Live TV... and honestly... it just looks ugly next to the ones Emby makes.

Is there a way to manually do this on the server (linux) from select files?  I have to imagine it's buried in there somewhere.  

Thanks

58c9b45ad7957_EmbyThumbs.png

Edited by BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

I finally sucked it up and just manually created my own.  It isn't perfect, but it turned out okay.

58c9ced077c25_EmbyThumbsNew.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Could you upload that image as others may want to use it?

BAlGaInTl

Could you upload that image as others may want to use it?

That's a good idea.   :)

I'll probably work up a newer version later... that was just a quick stab at it in Gimp.  I could probably do a better job given some more time.

post-178164-0-75067500-1489621132_thumb.png

• Like 2

BAlGaInTl

I pulled an actual poster.png from my server... I'll use that as a template now so that the sizes will match up better.

BAlGaInTl

Here's trial #2 which matches a little better with the normal posters of Emby.

Enjoy.

58c9ebbb416d4_EmbyLiveTV2.png

post-178164-0-70501500-1489627935_thumb.png

Edited by BAlGaInTl
  • Like 7

BAlGaInTl

Here's a third one...

I realized there was something "off" about the FOX logo... namely "Brodcasting" was spelled wrong...

LOL

post-178164-0-31421600-1489635330_thumb.png

• Like 2

Smn8600

Here's a third one...

I realized there was something "off" about the FOX logo... namely "Brodcasting" was spelled wrong...

LOL

I'm leaving it... see if my wife notices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Here's a third one...

LOL

attachicon.giflivetv3.png

Vote this to be default image for live TV if tile has no graphic ( instead of the pascal flat colour tiles in live tv)
  • Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Vote this to be default image for live TV if tile has no graphic ( instead of the pascal flat colour tiles in live tv)

Not sure if it could/should be distributed with the builds because of the images used.

But they have made it easy enough to quickly update it.

Edited by BAlGaInTl

arrbee99

Any chance of a more International / UK version possibly perhaps pleasy  :)  :P  :lol:

Smn8600

Any chance of a more International / UK version possibly perhaps pleasy :):P:lol:

Give some examples of networks we can google or provide images and maybe someone can photoshop something. I could do it tomorrow morning if no one else beats me to it.

BAlGaInTl

Any chance of a more International / UK version possibly perhaps pleasy  :)  :P  :lol:

It's not that hard to do more...

Point me to 4 images that can be cropped to a tall aspect ratio like that, and I can knock them out pretty quickly.

If you can crop them to 210x350 or 230x390 I can knock them out in a few minutes.

I built a couple of templates that will take images about that size.

Edited by BAlGaInTl
  • Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Give some examples of networks we can google or provide images and maybe someone can photoshop something. I could do it tomorrow morning if no one else beats me to it.

I have a couple templates built in Gimp... 

You have to have a few skills to finish them off, but it's doable.

postertemplate.zip

PrincessClevage

Not sure if it could/should be distributed with the builds because of the images used.

But they have made it easy enough to quickly update it.

I was not clear and actually mean for live TV tiles in ET e.g under "now playing" and "upcoming programmes" all listings are currently pascal colours (in my setup).

BAlGaInTl

I was not clear and actually mean for live TV tiles in ET e.g under "now playing" and "upcoming programmes" all listings are currently pascal colours (in my setup).

Ah.  I don't have that problem currently... 

BAlGaInTl

Okay...

So I figured out how to trick Emby Server into creating the library poster you want.  I'll do a more detailed explanation later, but here is the short version.

1. Create a Folder accessible to Emby and put the 4 images you want to use in it.  I called my folder customposter.

2. Manage server and "Add Media Library".

3. Choose Content Type "Photos"

4. Pick a display name.  I called mine customposter again

5. Add a folder to the library and point it at the folder from step one.

6. Click Ok

7. Wait Patiently.... I Rescanned my library, but I don't know if that is needed.

8. Go and grab the poster.png file in the directory for that library.  I used directions in this post to figure that out.

9. Once you are done, you can get rid of that library.  Or, you can keep it (I made mine so only I see it) to create more custom posters. 

10. Because I just feel better about having 10 steps.

• Like 4

overClocked!

Really? Ok I'm trying this out when I get home. I had never even thought to do this, but it totally makes sense. Pretty clever there, Sport!

BAlGaInTl

It definitely works.

Here is a quick one I did with that method for testing.

post-178164-1489687615334_thumb.png

Excuse the small size... I took a screen capture from my phone and cropped it.

Edited by BAlGaInTl
  • Like 3

overClocked!

This is great. My dynamic images sometimes change over time for some reason (or no reason) and it's nice to know that we can sort of force the representative content images to just the ones we want rather than relying on Emby to select them for us. This way, I can save these and if/when they change, I can just quickly change them back to the ones I want.

Good stuff.

• Like 1