Server - Integrate Trakt Recommendations

Jdiesel

• 2 months later...
CharleyVarrick

it's a GREAT idea!

Reminder folks: if you agree you need to hit the "like this" button in the first post

• Like 1

Jdiesel

For those who don't use or never heard of Trakt I recommend you check it out. Not only does it keep track of watched states and play progress (which is great to have as a backup in the event you have a hardware/software failure and need to start from scratch with Emby) but it also lets you know what is popular, trending, upcoming, and overall what media you might be interested in. You can connect with friends and recommend media to them as well as create and share playlists. There is already a plugin available for Emby to import/export watched states but there there is so much more potential that has been untapped. Even if you don't think it is something you need I would recommend checking it out anyways and if you like it donate to the project.

https://trakt.tv/

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 2

fonzie

I like this idea.  I agree about the Emby recommendations being a bit lacking.  Trakt's robust system would be a welcome feature to incorporate.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Scott750

What about the movie recommendations from www.themoviedb.com? There's seems to be pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
jasonmcroy

I just came across this thread (and "liked" the 1st post) and I wanted to put in my desire to see more Trakt integration. I use Trakt exclusively for keeping up with what I watch, what is coming up this week, what TV show premieres are happening, etc. 6 months ago I even became a subscriber I liked it so much. 

The plugin currently works fine for me as far as pulling down my already watched TV/Movies when I go back and forth between the Beta server and Stable server. However, having more integration would be awesome.

• Like 2

This is a good idea, but I think something like this should be a plugin, that way only people who actually want or use it can install the plugin.

There is also another one similar to trakt.tv called followshows.com

• Like 1

WilhelmStroker

This is a good idea, but I think something like this should be a plugin, that way only people who actually want or use it can install the plugin.

There is also another one similar to trakt.tv called followshows.com

Does followshows.com allow for scrobbling? That's the main reason I use trakt so I don't have to mark things as watched manually. +1 the first post as it's a great idea.

No idea what "scrobbling" is?

Does followshows.com allow for scrobbling? That's the main reason I use trakt so I don't have to mark things as watched manually. +1 the first post as it's a great idea.

WilhelmStroker

No idea what "scrobbling" is?

That means that as soon as I start watching anything on Emby, Trakt will be updated with what I'm watching and once I'm done watching it will update trakt that I've watched the show or movie. No need for any manual `checkins'

http://www.adweek.com/lostremote/trakt-scrobbling-and-the-end-of-the-manual-check-in/37047 

Tremas

I've used Trakt for a few years to keep several media applications in sync, and this would be an awesome feature. I agree that the current implementation is quite poor.

Since the Trakt solution requires an account, I agree with the plugin approach and I would suggest that the current implementation still needs to be updated for users without accounts (or allow it to be disabled). I would suggest the current implementation be replaced with a few rows of clear suggestions similar to Kodi: More From (Director), More In (Genre), More With (Lead Actor). Not as smart, but at least you know what you're getting and why.

• 1 month later...

I like this idea, and would very much like to see this feature.

And if I might add, I would like to see the option of importing trakt playlists into Emby.

Edited by overdox

Shibboleth

Can I just ask, while we're on the topic of Trakt integration, where the feature for rating items went in the trakt plugin?

I can trace back a 2013 post where users were complaining about an annoying prompt to rate every item, but I actually really want this!

Those users were complaining about being asked to rate items even after uninstalling the plugin (I suppose a bad thing), but I personally really want to be able to rate items again!

It's the #1 feature that our trakt plugin could use. Any idea why this feature was removed?

• 4 months later...
fbrassin

I like this idea, and would very much like to see this feature.

And if I might add, I would like to see the option of importing trakt playlists into Emby.

I think this would make emby to become the best media server.

I don't know why none is implementing this.

I think all user would be very happy.

Instead of playlist should be better having possibility to create something like favorite for the lists created in trakt or imdb and sync them emby/trakt

• Like 3