Subtitle size and color

supermau

supermau

I would love the ability to increase the size of subtitles on the different platforms, specially android, chrome and roku... One additional thing that would be great would be the ability to change font color, outline, drop shadow, font background...

Thank you

• Like 23
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Dibbes

and maybe shift the time as well. Some subtitles are just about a second early or late. It would be brilliant if that could be adjusted

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
gabrielangst

Please bring us background color, text shadows and font color for subtitles! Thanks

aHH, and it would also be nice if we could change the screen position of the subtitle (up/down/in centre), because, sometimes, it mixes with the video embed subtitles

Edited by gabrielangst
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
rafinha

Option to change subtitles color pleeeeeease!

I would like to change to yellow or whatever.

Some TV shows have credits when start the show and is on white color, is almost impossible read, and sometimes is impossible.

Even if you add the shadows doesn't help to much.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
fonzie

I love this feature on Kodi.  Definitely a necessity for me and one of the reasons why I still use Kodi as my frontend player.

Many of our apps allow you to set subtitle size. We don't have color settings yet.

• Like 1

abescalamis

Many of our apps allow you to set subtitle size. We don't have color settings yet.

Do you know when will you add the size option to Android TV?

Do you know when will you add the size option to Android TV?

We can't be exactly sure but are you trying to make them bigger or smaller?  Also, what kind of subtitles are they?

abescalamis

We can't be exactly sure but are you trying to make them bigger or smaller?  Also, what kind of subtitles are they?

Bigger, all of my subtitles are .srt files.

martycirkus

Hi,

I just tried Emby and find it very nice.

It's installed on my Imac with last High Sierra version and I stream on dlna on my tv LG 55c8 with the emby ap.

However I have a little problem with subtitles with both .srt and embedded ones  in mkv container for h264 file.

I have a black background behind the letters which is very unconfortable and even if I change typo and size in parameters on emby server web interface on my mac nothing changes.

The black background is very annoying.

Can I do something for it?

Thx in advance

Ok yea we've had to hide a number of features in the LG app in order to ensure a successful result with the LG review process. We have this feature built for the LG app. We'll try to make it available soon. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Devdroid

Color is planned for a future release, thanks.

I would also love for subtitle color (White is not so good on projectors/spoils the contrast a bit). 

Is this still on the to-do-list? 

Edited by Devdroid
  • Like 1

purger500

When subtitles size settings will be available on android tv app (Nvidia shield)? Default size is way to large.

Also, could you add subtitles position settings? I like them to be positioned on the bottom of the screen (below black bars, if video have black bars).

• Like 1