Source of the video

Casperfan

Casperfan

It would be nice to have a box for source of videos (example HD TV, BluRay, Dvd, BrRip, VHS, etc) and being able to see it when you hover over a title, maybe even be able to select it like we can do on Genres, studios. etc.

Thanks

• Like 3

Happy2Play

Movies already have that option "Treat Image as", not neccesarily for all those options though.

• 1 year later...

I initially could not find a thread covering this issue/idea and was preparing to submit one. I will submit my post here anyway as I do not believe the coverart addon is a robust solution to fit more than a niche use case of the source. This would be far more suited to be a feature of the core and would provide several spin off benefits.

[Request] Display source type

============================================================

Emby goes to great length to present the user with the quality of media by showing the video and audio resolution, codec, bit rate and a number more in depth quantifiers.

However as far as I can tell no field exists in the database or is presented in the GUI for the single greatest factor in quality.. the source type

If the source type is of an inherently low quality then no amount of analysis of bitrate/codec/resolution will matter

Common examples of source type can be seen here https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob/master/1080i/variables.xml#L215-L224 and it is not hard to imagine a case where two files of identical size, codec, bitrate and resolution but sourced from DVD vs UHD will be of vastly different visual quality.

I have more opinions on this which I will hold back for if this idea should prove of interest.

============================================================

Are you considering one in the short term or should I work around it. No pressure, I just dont want to use up time working around it only to then find a native elegant solution is implemented.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...