Chocolate: Backdrops on List(Detail) view

pythion

as of this week the listbox lost its background and backdrops got bigger.
it makes it really hard to read the list and has hard shadowing over the descriptions.

can you add an option for smaller backdrops?

That is an error that is only happening on certain installations.  The one that reported it before is an odd screen resolution aspect ratio (1.6:1).  What is your screen resolution?

I cannot reproduce the problem nor figure out why it is happening on some setups so there is a new option in the view options to put a background on the list.

i have my media center in borderless windowed mode. unfortunately the window doesnt scale to 16:9 when it tries to account for the border.
it's 1920x1109, but the problem still persists even in fullscreen 1920x1080.
could it be that i use media center themer?

Edited by pythion

Possibly, but I really just can't tell.  There is a lot of smoke and mirrors going on when WMC lays things out on the screen.  We just write code that says something like "put this item here and center it" and the underlying engine takes care of the rest.  Sometimes, based on a lot of factors, things don't end up where they are supposed to be and it is very hard to figure out why.

shredfiend

I have a similar issue with Coverflow.  I don't use the EHS, so when I start MB-Classic it loads a Coverflow view of my media folders.  On that screen, there is no black background for the list on the left-hand side, making it difficult to read against the backdrop.  Works fine when viewing each collection within the media folders, but not at the top level.  Can that be fixed?