Multiple Problems with Live TV, HDHomeRun Prime, Blue Neon Night, & New Emby

Sam865
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

Sam865

I've been sick for several days, so this problem started sometime within the past week. Today I attempted to play a live TV channel that had been working flawlessly on my TCL Roku TV, using Blue Neon Night. When I select a live TV channel for playback and clicked "Play" the streen immediately returns to the Emby Blue Neon Night icon on the Roku Home Screen. I checked the HDHomeRun Prime and it works fine when playing on the Emby Server. Next, I tried a Roku 3 with Emby BNN and it also failed to play live TV. I noticed that I was still running server version 3.2.5 so I installed 3.2.7 and restarted. (Same problems.) I then switched to the Emby Preview and discovered that it had been replaced by a new Beta version. When I installed the Beta version, I was pleasantly surprised with the new layout, Guide, etc. However, many of the Live TV channels would timeout when I tried to play them. Some would load and play, but others would not. Other features, such as playback of recorded TV continue to work correctly on the New Emby, the Public beta Emby, and Emby BNN. (BNN appears to be completely broken as far as live TV is concerned.)

The new Emby channel appears to have great potential, but on the TCL Roku TV, it seems to have some of the same bugs that were fixed a few months ago on Emby BNN. Are others having similar bad experiences that started in the past week or so? (I can turn on debug and collect log files if necessary, but I wanted to see if this is a known problem first.)

• Solution

The blue neon crashing liveTV is fixed. I just need to issue the update. Still testing everything, giving it the good once over. I will have a new release within the hour, by 3pm PST. ^__~

Note: Its the query timeouts making it work or... not. In blue neon ALL timeouts are at least double what they are in the official app. So might I suggest that be looked at firstly.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Sam865

Thanks Speechles! Once again, you're a hero! Your Blue Neon Night update fixed the problem on both the TCL Roku and the Roku 3. I suspect that you are absolutely right about the query timeout settings causing the other problem I mentioned (some channels are timing out and not playing in the official app). Even channels that play correctly in the new official app seem to pause and buffer more frequently than they do in BNN. Unless Luke or someone else really needs log files to troubleshoot this problem, I'll consider the issue closed. I have not been able to find many user-selectable options in the new app (which is probably a good thing).

To answer your question about the TCL TV software, it checks for a (Roku) system update daily and hasn't updated since January 26. It seems to be a very stable version. I did a manual check just a few minutes ago and your Blue Neon Night fix downloaded and installed correctly.

Jdiesel

I can confirm that the latest BN update is working great for me and every channel is playing perfectly. In the Beta app channels occasionally fail to start the first time. I wonder if it has anything to do with my server being located halfway across the world and my sometimes poor peering to my home connection.