"Save metadata into media folders" missing?

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

I just realized that the option "Save metadata into media folders" is missing. I'm pretty sure the decision was made in an other post I haven't seen and for good reasons! But is it sure or is it a bug?

Need to know because now metadata seems to be saved into server directory directly, which has a big impact for me because it won't fit great on a 128 Gigs SDD... So if this option won't return, please confirm it and I will install server on an other place with bigger space available. Thx!

It was moved to a per-library option.  So, select a library and you will find it there.

Please let us know if this helps.

tyr_88

I made meta folders for my images and meta+cache but kept placing them in same directory as movie files under with movie titles.

Even though I have my Meta/Cache folders created on the drives and the folder structure I made.

Just reporting this it is no biggie to me I just ticked make the hidden it does not hide them all but the few it does not I just use LIST view in folder and SORT by TYPE then select the row of nfo , images right click then hide.

jscoys

It was moved to a per-library option.  So, select a library and you will find it there.

Please let us know if this helps.

Cool thx a lot!

Happy2Play

I made meta folders for my images and meta+cache but kept placing them in same directory as movie files under with movie titles.

Even though I have my Meta/Cache folders created on the drives and the folder structure I made.

Just reporting this it is no biggie to me I just ticked make the hidden it does not hide them all but the few it does not I just use LIST view in folder and SORT by TYPE then select the row of nfo , images right click then hide.

So you set the custom folder location for metadata and cache via Dashboard-Library-Advanced-Metadata Path and Dashboard-Settings-Advanced-Cache path?  And ensured "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" was disabled on all you Libraries?

Note this will not move existing metadata so a Refresh is required to get new metadata in this location.

Enabling "Save metadata and images as hidden files" only works on New media not existing metadata. 

Edited by Happy2Play

Nikolaech

So you set the custom folder location for metadata and cache via Dashboard-Library-Advanced-Metadata Path and Dashboard-Settings-Advanced-Cache path?  And ensured "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" was disabled on all you Libraries?

Note this will not move existing metadata so a Refresh is required to get new metadata in this location.

Enabling "Save metadata and images as hidden files" only works on New media not existing metadata. 

Hi @Happy2Play  In the "music" library, the data in the folder of the new artist is saved? In the folder "artist"! and not in the folder "album"

Happy2Play

Hi @Happy2Play  In the "music" library, the data in the folder of the new artist is saved? In the folder "artist"! and not in the folder "album"

Sorry not exactly sure of the question.

Artist metadata I believe is currently saved in /metadata/artists/**.

Nikolaech

Sorry not exactly sure of the question.

Artist metadata I believe is currently saved in /metadata/artists/**.

not in the folder of the artist? example- d/music/U2

Happy2Play

not in the folder of the artist? example- d/music/U2

This is a change in the way the Server handles Music Artists.  Emby will read and update existing metadata in Music/Artist folder, but if they are New without metadata it will be written to /metadata/artists/**.

Nikolaech

This is a change in the way the Server handles Music Artists.  Emby will read and update existing metadata in Music/Artist folder, but if they are New without metadata it will be written to /metadata/artists/**.

A controversial decision. I have to manually create the file "artist.nfo"

What is the reason? For example, U2 is a well-known group, the description is also in russian language.

Probably the State Department ordered Luke to impose sanctions. :)

Edited by Nikolaech

Happy2Play

A controversial decision. I have to manually create the file "artist.nfo"

What is the reason? For example, U2 is a well-known group, the description is also in russian language.

I believe it has something to do with everyone having different folder structures.

Nikolaech

I believe it has something to do with everyone having different folder structures.

There is a wiki, there is clearly indicated the structure of the folders. The developer can not adjust to everyone. :)

Thank you for your help.

tyr_88

All above some were left checked though this would be the issue I bet ya lol?

Yes I know about the old not going to hidden I just highlighted the rows right clicked./hidden was good I did miss unchecking some boxes though correct