Txt files and cp1250 codepage support

dyleck

dyleck

A lot of polish subtitles are available as cp1250 txt files. It would be nice if emby could recognize those.

Wysłane z mojego MI 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi, we used to but this caused some problems with random txt files. Can't you rename them to .srt?

dyleck

Hi, we used to but this caused some problems with random txt files.

Hi Luke. Could you tell some more about it?

Can't you rename them to .srt?

Well, sure I can. I can even export display to my local X server and play the file using mplayer over the ssh connection. :P But both solutions are far from being user friendly and both won't be made by my completely untechnical wife. ;)

We used to detect txt files as subtitles but this caused a lot of problems with people who have random txt files sitting in their directories @@Abobader

• Like 1

Good day,

Yes as Luke said, this problem I faced lately as txt will be added as subtitles.

So what Luke done is the right thing to do, well done to him.

My best

• Like 1

dyleck

I still don't understand what those problems could be. What is the nature of "randomness"? Do you mean completely random files with .txt extension like having movie titled movie.mp4 and then some file like random.txt? Or did you mean having movie.txt file with some random strings inside? In the former case you could simply not search for anything that does not match the movie file name. In the later case I believe the same will happen with garbage inside .srt files.

Kodi handles the subtitles in any file without issues so apparently this can be done.

Edited by dyleck

funwithmedia

I think what they're getting at is that some users will store other data related to a movie in text files in the movie folder. The data could be anything important to that user which they manually stored. The point is that those files (I interpret) were getting picked up as subtitle files, when they weren't actually subtitles, just because they were .txt files. Restricting subtitles to files with the proper extension avoids that problem.

• Like 1

dyleck

Ok, that makes sense. So maybe add option to rename the txt files to srt automatically when downloading from opensubtitles? The txt can be downloaded now so adding one additional step should not be that hard.

Wysłane z mojego MI 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka