No sound in new Roku App, but working with the old app

pcdery
Go to solution Solved by pcdery,

gold1

Interesting. What I pasted above is straight from the web app (Chrome). I use the sync feature for google drive. It's interesting that it's picking up that version, but doesn't show that it's using that file above. The google drive folder on the server is not included in any library directories either.

Interesting. What I pasted above is straight from the web app (Chrome). I use the sync feature for google drive. It's interesting that it's picking up that version, but doesn't show that it's using that file above. The google drive folder on the server is not included in any library directories either.

That is how the system is designed.  The point of syncing to Google Drive is so that that version can be used by devices that support it.  The question is, why is the Roku selecting it?

Do you happen to have a Fire TV or Android TV?  If so, that app should be able show you the media info for the synced version (turn on the debug options in it).

What is the bitrate set to in the app and/or do you have a max streaming bitrate set on the server?

gold1

I do, but will have to get back to you later on that. If it helps, I have the sync option set to low quality/general. But yes, it looks like there's a bug. I reconfirmed that the original file is still in the folder on the E drive.

I'm not sure it is a bug at this point.  There may be a good reason it is selecting the synced copy.

Also, what do you have the bitrate in the Roku app set to?  Thanks.

gold1

Sound works on the beta version. I uploaded the logs from my Fire stick (the sound worked there as well). I had the video quality set to automatic.

Looks like the beta version fixed the issue, but let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it.