Emby Live TV slow to load channels when nextpvr is a .ts file

cajacontrol

cajacontrol

Hi Felas.

I am using a Tbs TV PCi Card to see Tv in my computer, I installed nextpvr and work well, but

I installed nextpvr plugin on emby server and I see all channels and guide well, but

when I try to play any channel. the waiging to begin the channel image video is too slow

more that 1 minute to see circle round and around.

I think. emby cannot emcoder .ts file to mp4 so fast

I installed a Nvidia Video Card too

I selected a trancode NVidia method

Movies in format mp4 works well and begin trancode at 0.002 seconds.

Can any body help me with live TV?

thanks

Edited by cajacontrol

• 4 weeks later...
spitefulgod

I doubt this is emby, I've used NextPVR with kodi and found it exceptional slow to change channels on Satilite, I think you might be best looking at the caching options in nextpvr.  Can't remember off the top of my head but I had to mess around with these to get decent (sub 5 second) channel change.

• 2 weeks later...
spitefulgod

lookimg at the emby blog could be a codec issue causing next to transcode, the blog stated this could be fixed in win 10 creator edition (if using the windows 10 Emby app)

• 2 months later...
PrincessClevage

I doubt this is emby, I've used NextPVR with kodi and found it exceptional slow to change channels on Satilite, I think you might be best looking at the caching options in nextpvr. Can't remember off the top of my head but I had to mess around with these to get decent (sub 5 second) channel change.

How do I access/modify these nextpvr cache options to speed up initial channel load time ?

emveepee

There is no cache parameter that will make a difference except that the NextPVR live tv buffer should be a local drive for best performance. Some "green" drives also are slow to spin up.

As sub posted you really have to determine the actual tuning rate in VLC or better yet in NextPVR. In my experience that will be 2-7 seconds. Testing with Kodi is not quite as accuarte. After that any extra time is transcoding and Emby based.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

PrincessClevage

There is no cache parameter that will make a difference except that the NextPVR live tv buffer should be a local drive for best performance. Some "green" drives also are slow to spin up.

As sub posted you really have to determine the actual tuning rate in VLC or better yet in NextPVR. In my experience that will be 2-7 seconds. Testing with Kodi is not quite as accuarte. After that any extra time is transcoding and Emby based.

Martin

thanks, any setting that can be adjusted to improve load times? ( my buffer cache is ssd) I have plenty of spare ram if allocating more ram will assist? Load times seem to be around 5-7sec which is 2-3 seconds slower than serverWMC with the same hardware Edited by PrincessClevage

emveepee

In my experience NextPVR is slightly slower then WMC for live tv. However your original post shows the problem is the 1 minute delay so saving those 2 or 3 seconds won't really be noticable.

Martin

PrincessClevage

In my experience NextPVR is slightly slower then WMC for live tv. However your original post shows the problem is the 1 minute delay so saving those 2 or 3 seconds won't really be noticable.Martin

my original post does not refer to 1 min ( I didn't start this thread). I was referring to Emby plugin Serverwmc

emveepee

Sorry I didn't notice you hijacked the thread but I expect that I answered your question.

Martin