Emby server service not loading (Fedora 25)

idude

Hello,  after testing emby media server on a windows computer and falling in love with it I wanted to test it on my linux (Fedora 25) computer but I can't get it to start.  Running systemctl status emby-server command I get this:

● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-03-11 10:44:59 WET; 20min ago
  Process: 3806 ExecStopPost=/usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh clear (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 3781 ExecStart=/usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh start (code=exited, status=127)
 Main PID: 3781 (code=exited, status=127)

Mar 11 10:44:59 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
Mar 11 10:44:59 localhost.localdomain emby-server.sh[3781]: /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh: line 118: exec: su: not found
Mar 11 10:44:59 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Mar 11 10:44:59 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 11 10:44:59 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Anybody has any ideas as why I'm getting error?

Did you disable SELinux? If not you need to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it worked but now I have another issue, it doesn't let me add media folders, i created a folder named /home/ecerejo/Emby/Music and I start browsing for the folder and as soon as I click /home/ecerejo to go into the ones I created it just returns to the empty browsing line again asking my to browse for the media folder.  Just above I can read this "For Linux on Arch Linux, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse, or Ubuntu, you must grant the Emby system user at least read access to your storage locations."  But this folder is mine and I should have full permissions for it right?  Anyway if I have to do this how do I do it?

Emby Server runs under the Emby system user, so that is the user that needs access. Does this help? Please let us know. Thanks !

concord

Yes it worked but now I have another issue, it doesn't let me add media folders, i created a folder named /home/ecerejo/Emby/Music and I start browsing for the folder and as soon as I click /home/ecerejo to go into the ones I created it just returns to the empty browsing line again asking my to browse for the media folder. 

Emby needs access to this folder.  For example, I created a library on a mounted drive at /mnt/emby:

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/emby

chmod -R 777 /mnt

chmod -R 777 /mnt/emby

mkdir /mnt/emby/music

chmod 775 /mnt/emby/music

chown emby:emby /mnt/emby/music

Note that I'm coming from Plex and you can create the folder from within the Admin web page.  However, it looks like for Emby, you need to create the folder manually and ensure the proper ownership and permissions are granted.

Ok, with your info I was able to figure out what to do, the only thing I had to do the music folder rwx to everyone also or else it wouldn't let me copy my music in there!  Thanks for the help.  :)