Possible problems with ServerWMC and BSOD

steveken

steveken

I am just wondering, has anyone ever heard of ServerWMC causing BSOD's on a Windows 7 machine?

I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and have noticed every since I set up ServerWMC to be a service (and possibly a couple times before that when I ran it as a regular app) that my computer will blue screen from out of nowhere. I noticed a couple of times the last few times it has done the blue screen that is said "system_service_exception".

The only thing I have done lately to the machine is to add ServerWMC for accessing my HDHomeRun Prime through a XBMC install and then using it for MB3. That is why I am figuring it is probably ServerWMC because it happened like once or twice before going forward to MB3. 

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. It is kinda getting annoying. It sometimes takes 3 times to get the system to stay up stably. 

Make sure your video drivers are all up to date or, if you recently updated them, try rolling them back.  BSOD is almost always caused by a hardware driver with the video card being the primary culprit.

steveken

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6800 card. And, yup, got the latest drivers. That's the first thing I always check. Have had them for quite a while now. I pretty much get them as they are released. I suppose I could go back to the previous version, but I just figured it was better to be on the latest. (It's not the beta version, either.) I just find it odd, though, that this didn't show up until I started doing all this live tv stuff to xbmc or to MB3. Also, the fact that it talks about a system service exception which the ServerWMC is installed as. I guess it could just be a coincidence. Still, really sucks. I don't wanna have to redo my entire system to fix this.