Subtitles in Emby Server 3.2.7

MisaTurek

the same

I have even downloaded subs from open subtitles through the gui but the encoding is wrong again...other subs play correctly with the change from iso to utf8

the man in the... ones are the ones with the problem. The one with el at the end is the one I downloaded from the gui. they are both utf8.

the x-files one has iso encoding. I added ell at the end and they display properly without having to convert to utf8

The.Man.in.the.High.Castle.S01E01.The.New.World.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb.srt

The.Man.in.the.High.Castle.S01E01.The.New.World.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb.el.srt

the.x-files.s01e01.720p.bluray.x264-geckos.ell.ell.srt

I don't quite understand the problem. you said this:

the man in the... ones are the ones with the problem. The one with el at the end is the one I downloaded from the gui. they are both utf8.

The one with .ell at the end seems to work fine for me. Where is the problem?

Then you said this:

the x-files one has iso encoding. I added ell at the end and they display properly without having to convert to utf8

Exactly, that's what I told you. Without specifying the language, there is a greater chance that they won't display properly.

this is what I get from either of the man in the ...subs

5beb047e5b205_20181113.png

it doesn't matter which one...utf8 or not, .ell at the end or not, they just don't display properly...

I even erased the subs and downloaded new ones (from external site or from opensubtitles through the gui)...the same... it is the first time I encounter this kind of problem with subs...

Edited by halkx

Seems to work fine for me using .ell in the filename. I would suggest trying again with the next release of emby server. Thanks.