Missing Cover Art on OSX server

mbguy

mbguy

On my new machine, the covert art of most movies are missing, even after Emby completed its library scan.

This is weird because these movie folders are in the SAME external drive that previously had no issues showing its cover art when connected to the old Emby Server running on Windows. Every single movies had a cover art displayed properly. All the cover art files such as folder.jpg, landscape.jpg, logo.png, backdrop.jpg etc are still there.

But once this drive was connected to Emby Server on my Mac, most of the movies are missing covert art now. 

I made sure "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" are checked on both machines. What else can I do? 

mbguy

where are the logs on OSX? The link seems to only have info on Windows. Thanks. 

Nevermind, found the path to log on OSX. It's hidden in the collapsed dropdown. 

Edited by mbguy

mbguy

server-63624614399.txt Server log attached.

I noticed there is a problem called  "Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver" but there could be other issues. Thanks for checking. 

Edited by mbguy

mbguy

Update: I removed the external drive, removed the path to this movie folder, re-attached drive, added the path again, had Emby Server do a fresh library scan. 

Same problem: most movies (like 98%) still don't show Cover Art. Only solid grids of colors like in this picture. 

post-2495-0-72916800-1489175521_thumb.png

mbguy

Strange, when I click on one of the solid color blocks for movie details, the cover art is clearly available and visible. 

Hope this information helps with troubleshooting. 

post-2495-0-94691100-1489184247_thumb.png

mbguy

Hi there, can you please provide an emby server log of a library scan? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

Hi Luke, any updates on this issue? I'm just wondering if I should just abandon OSX version of Emby Server and go back to Windows. I have used Emby for years on Windows without this issue. 

No that's the Cover Art plugin, which is an artwork customization feature. it's not needed just to get artwork. Have you tried rebooting your machine. I am going to post an update for OSX that will update the mono runtime, so please report back once you have that. Thanks.

mbguy

No that's the Cover Art plugin, which is an artwork customization feature. it's not needed just to get artwork. Have you tried rebooting your machine. I am going to post an update for OSX that will update the mono runtime, so please report back once you have that. Thanks.

Yes I've tried rebooting multiple times, no change. 

Eagerly awaiting the next Emby update. And yes I will report back. 

• 2 weeks later...
mbguy

Server Update v3.2.8: Just downloaded and installed new Emby Server v3.2.8, restarted, did a library scan but the cover art is still missing  :(

PS. I tried switching between banner, list, poster, poster card, thumb, thumb card, none of the options displays coverart. Movies show up as color blocks.

post-2495-0-82582200-1490864832_thumb.png

Edited by mbguy

mbguy

Server Update v3.2.9: No change, coverart still missing even though image files are present. But after clicking on the movie, the coverart appears on the movie details screen.

post-2495-0-43470900-1490864533_thumb.png

Edited by mbguy

hstamas

Server Update v3.2.9: No change, coverart still missing even though image files are present. But after clicking on the movie, the coverart appears on the movie details screen.

Im sure you've thought of trying this but have you tried different web browsers on different machines (windows, mac, mobile)? Does the art never show up on any browser on any OS? I used to have this exact same issue on my Mac based server using Safari to browes my library. With updates it seemed to fix itself but I know for a fact that Safari does not like Emby as much as say, Chrome does.

Edited by hstamas
  • Like 1

mbguy

Im sure you've thought of trying this but have you tried different web browsers on different machines (windows, mac, mobile)? Does the art never show up on any browser on any OS? I used to have this exact same issue on my Mac based server using Safari to browes my library. With updates it seemed to fix itself but I know for a fact that Safari does not like Emby as much as say, Chrome does.

Thanks for the suggestion. But yes, I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome, plus Apple TV app, Roku app, and Emby Theatre app, none of them shows coverart. 

• 1 month later...

The latest version of Emby Server for Mac has been posted. Apologies for the delay. Thanks !

• 2 months later...

Great news for Emby Server for Mac. Once you've updated to 3.2.24, you can now use the Cover Art plugin. Enjoy.