12:00 | Emby WMC

Keylonta

Keylonta

Sorry if this is a stupid question... but what is the "12:00" for at the bottom left side of the Emby WMC UI?

Keylonta

Yeah... that's what I thought, so I checked the settings and enabled the clock, but to my surprise the clock appeared at the top right side of the UI, and the 12:00 is still in the bottom left side, always showing "12:00", never changing.

Depending on the view, I believe that is the end time for the currently selected item.  Can you post a screen shot?

Keylonta

The screenshot is of the top level of Emy WMC. It appears on the subfolder view as well. It doesn't appear on the video information view.

Not sure if I'm using correct terminology to describe the different views. The 12:00 appears on all levels of Emby WMC except for the video information screen (where the play button is).

58c232096f5f2_Capture.jpg

You can see it on the screenshot here too: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45608-turn-off-recently-added-content-list/

• 3 months later...
manutdsoc20

Depending on the view, I believe that is the end time for the currently selected item.  Can you post a screen shot?

This is END time for the current selected Movie title.  Does anyone have this working?  I had this working probably a year or so ago.

I have the movie duration in the metadata for each specific movie in my collection.  What am I missing to get this working.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.594ac15a52f84_IMG_0860.jpg.

d00zah

Running v3.0.310.0 (current Beta/Dev):

- Movie view

-- Selecting an individual Movie displays 'END {time]' correctly in lower left-hand corner.

-- Selecting a Collection displays '12:00' in the lower left-hand corner (like OP).

- Movie Detail view

-- Displays 'END {time]' correctly in lower center of screen.

manutdsoc20

Does it show properly in the detail screen?

EBR-  It does not show in the detail view.

I'm currently on WMC EMBY version 3.0.307 beta and Emby Server version 3.2.20.

d00zah-  I will update to the latest beta 3.310 tonight and post if this solves the issue.

I can post an XML file for a movie and see if there is some error in the way I get my metadata from Metabrowser.

Thanks.

manutdsoc20

So, I updated Emby WMC to Beta 3.0.310 and it didn't solve the issue for ISO's.

I did notice that all of my DVD's & MKV's show the End time.

Unfortunately, 95% of my collection are Blu Ray ISO's which don't show the End time.

I did notice in Emby Server Metadata Manger their was no item for run time.

I've added a few pictures to show what is going on.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for the help.594d35d584157_AdjustmentBureau_DetailVie594d35e6e2336_DVD_showsEndTime.png594d360a6524a_Metabrowser.png

d00zah

That kinda changes things... media type makes a difference.

You mention .xml files which might help, but Emby very recently moved support to the XML plugin. Without it, there is no native .xml support. This MAY be a solution assuming the .xml contain runtime details?.

That said, there are other posts about this...  something about ffmpeg not supporting (or being hit/miss) for .isos & folder rips. Conventional wisdom is that 'the industry' is moving towards mkv/mp4 containers & conversion is recommended.

I personally made this move a while back... >1000 .isos converted using MakeMKV / MakeMKV Batch Converter. While not painless, the 'glitches' were thankfully few...

Edited by d00zah

AJNinGA

I dont know about the media type correlation, but I can agree to "12:00" showing in TV series Collection view.

It is also displayed when viewing Trailers and Music Playlists.

Curiously, some views (Movies) it says "Ends: ####", and others (TV Series) it just shows the endtime "####".

594dceb80f0d2_wmcemby120000.jpg

Edited by AJNinGA

It looks like maybe 12:00 is displaying when there is not a known runtime for the selected item.

Yeah, the fact it shows anything when the run time is unknown is just an oversight but that is the basic issue here - the lack of a run time.

• Like 1

manutdsoc20

Yeah, the fact it shows anything when the run time is unknown is just an oversight but that is the basic issue here - the lack of a run time.

EBR , this is where I am confused as Runtime is available in the XML file for the particular movie file, but just doesn't show.  Please see the XML file below for Adjustment Bureau which I show pics above.

Additionally, I want to know if their is a correlation between files types as DVD(Video Ts Folders), MKV show the End time where as Blu Ray ISO's don't show end time when all have the runtime in the xml file.

Doesn't EMBY WMC read all data from the movie.xml file to populate the meta data show in the detail view for a movie?  If so, then why doesn't the end time show regardless of file type?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers manutdsoc20

59502fdc0d57f_AdjustmentBureauXML.png

The run times come from scanning the actual media - not metadata.  This is because it is used in playback so needs to be accurate.

However, when that data is not available EMC used to fall back to the metadata value.  It is possible that changes in the server have stopped making this value available though.  I'll have to confirm that.

manutdsoc20

The run times come from scanning the actual media - not metadata.  This is because it is used in playback so needs to be accurate.

However, when that data is not available EMC used to fall back to the metadata value.  It is possible that changes in the server have stopped making this value available though.  I'll have to confirm that.

EBR- Were you able to confirm sir?  If this is the case, can we add this feature back where EMC uses the metadata value for Run Time from the XML file to calculate End Time?  I'm already Emby Premier , but would be willing to donate to have this feature added.  I know at least one other member that would be willing to donate as well.

Thanks sir for your hard work it's much appreciated. 

In Emby we have never had a metadata runtime that you can override. Media Browser 2 may have had that but Emby has never had that. At the very least when the runtime is not known the theme should not be showing 12:00, so we will start with that adjustment.

One2Go

I am a bit confused here, is not FFMpeg or FFProbe being used to determine runtime? If that is the case then what happens if they can't produce the value for the runtime? It does make sense to default to entries in the metadata unless that introduces problems because the runtime is needed some place else for some other function. Having had this discussion in another place where FFMpeg / FFProbe can't produce mediainfo because it does not support folder rips natively it seems that more needs to be done besides just not displaying 12:00.

I am a bit confused here, is not FFMpeg or FFProbe being used to determine runtime? If that is the case then what happens if they can't produce the value for the runtime? It does make sense to default to entries in the metadata unless that introduces problems because the runtime is needed some place else for some other function. Having had this discussion in another place where FFMpeg / FFProbe can't produce mediainfo because it does not support folder rips natively it seems that more needs to be done besides just not displaying 12:00.

Yes it is but one of the examples here is an ISO or bluray folder rip which ffmpeg does not fully support.

Using a customized value from your metadata will have potential repercussions that could cause playback failures in some situations. It's not something we can just easily switch on.