Resizing Not Supported on ChromeOS

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

So still having some fun with Emby.

Since I have a Chromebook that supports Android Apps and the Google Play store, I decided to install the Emby Android App.  For the most part it works well.  direct playing is nice.

I know this is probably low on the priority list, because it isn't a common use case.  I found that the App does not support resizing.  When trying to resize the window, or when using the hardware key to maximize on the Chromebook, you get a message that "this app may not work when resized," and... well... it doesn't.  The screen goes completely blank, and Emby has to be force closed and restarted to work.

I've attached a log, but I didn't see anything really interesting.

Keep up the great work.

• 2 months later...
mobamoba

This problem is still occurring where resizing using Android on a Chromebook completely freezes Emby and Emby has to be force-closed. Given that Google is soon rolling out Android to many past Chromebooks and all modern ones, I'm hoping someone could take a look at this problem or tell me how I could help debug because I paid for the Emby app and would like to be able to watch videos in fullscreen on it. Thanks.

mobamoba

No. It goes fullscreen but the video stops playing and the entire thing is gray. From that point on Emby will only show a gray screen and nothing else, even after stopping and restarting (not even the home screen), unless I force stop it or reboot.

• 1 year later...
KarlDag

No. It goes fullscreen but the video stops playing and the entire thing is gray. From that point on Emby will only show a gray screen and nothing else, even after stopping and restarting (not even the home screen), unless I force stop it or reboot.

I recently got a chromebook with android apps (ASUS C434) and see the same behavior.  At first the app works fine, but after I stop a video I get a grey screen and nothing else.  Restarting the app doesn't work either.

@@Luke

EDIT I tried it on a colleague's HP x360 14 chromebook, and it seems to work fine for him.  Both devices are fully updated.  What's weird is we're not even getting the same app icon, his is square and black/green while mine is round and white/green...  are we getting the same app version? None of us is in the beta program.

Edited by KarlDag

BAlGaInTl

Maybe I should try this again.  I have a couple of chromebooks now, but I normally just use the web application.

KarlDag

Did you compare your versions of the app that you have installed?

No. That would have been smart... Oups.

I'm on 3.0.48

Edited by KarlDag

KarlDag

Maybe I should try this again. I have a couple of chromebooks now, but I normally just use the web application.

Web works fine, but you can't sync... And doesn't support as many codecs.

KarlDag

So they're both on that version?

Don't know about the other one, it was someone else's device I tested on and probably won't see him anytime soon.

If I get the android app logs after a reboot will they show what happened in the last instance?

No, the logs won't have anything helpful. We'll have to look into it. thanks.