Recordings end prematurely or fail to start - Emby Beta 3.2.5.7

sle118

sle118

Setup: 

- Live TV m3u HDHR3-US network dual tuner

- Live TV NextPVR plugin connected to a different computer on the network (1gbps link)

- Emby Beta 3.2.5.7 

Problem:

- Recordings start but end prematurely - Mostly with the NextPVR plugin --  I'm going to check the logs on on NextPVR to see if anything unusual happened

- Recordings fail to start and the following error is thrown

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.5.7
	Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System
	System.NotImplementedException: La méthode ou l'opération n'est pas implémentée.
	   à Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamMediaSources>d__89.MoveNext()

I have shared the full logs with @@Luke in private to hide potentially sensitive data from the general public.

That's not related to the next pvr plugin. Try removing the plugin, then record again.

sle118

Actually, you're right that it has nothing to do with the Nextpvr plugin as I'm not using it at all. my bad.  I'm using nextpvr's m3u proxy (which I have used extensively before)

The setup is this

- dual channel HDHR3-US for OTA recordings (channels below 100)

- NextPVR for cable recording (through a set top box and USB recorder) for channels above 100.

I have to use NextPVR to record non-ota channels. There is NO overlap between the channels on the HDHR3 and the NextPVR M3U.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that some programs had been setup with different tuners? (e.g. before I setup the new native support for the HDHR)  I was under the impression that the tuners would be resolved at the time of recording.

sle118

one of the "tuners" is a USB capture device hooked to a set top cable box attached to an old PC running NextPVR.  They are both located 2 stories down from Emby's server which, as far as I know, doesn't support analog USB capture devices.

So Emby is recording all the OTA channels with its native support, and some other shows are recorded through nextpvr/usb capture device.

The biggest issue right now is with OTA recordings not firing up.  In the logs I sent, you can see one which failed at around 8:58PM. 

sle118

I still haven't figured out why recordings were missed, but noticed that most of the new recordings (the ones I created for the native Silicondust tuners as opposed to the ones I created under the NextPVR plugin) seem to be more stable.  

There are glitches from time to time during recordings from NextPVR, but overall things are good.

sle118

I think the subject could be prefixed with "[RESOLVED]". At least native recording works well (despite the lack of conflict management). I'll try to figure out the issues with recording from NextPVR's m3u stream.

Edited by sle118