Blocking content based on tags. Doesn't seem to be working

JoshFink

JoshFink

Hi, hopefully this is user error but I need to ask. 

I created a user called Kids and then I added a tag to some TV called NoKids. I then changed kids so that it Blocked Content with the tags "NoKids"

However when I log in as Kids I still see all the content and I can play it. 

I created the tag at the Series level and that didn't work so I then created the tag at the Episode level and that didn't work either. Which should work?

I've attached screenshots. You'll see the tag on the series and the episode. I've also restarted the server and logged out and logged back in. 

Thanks

post-146-0-90644400-1488930217_thumb.png

post-146-0-84096200-1488930223_thumb.png

post-146-0-30276300-1488930229_thumb.png

Happy2Play

I just tested this and got the same results.  But after a Library Scan the new tagged media was removed.

Hi, yes, it will correct itself when the series is next refreshed, which in most cases is the next library scan. for a future update we will make sure it happens immediately after applying the tag. thanks.

JoshFink

I just tried testing this again.

I go in and set the tag and it's written to the tvshow.nfo file

<tag>NoKids</tag>

It shows up in the web client when I refresh that page.

I run a Scan Media Library and it disappears from the web client but it's still in the nfo.

I run Scan Media Library again with the same results (doesn't show up in web client or Metadata Manager but is still in the nfo file).

JoshFink

Why would that change?

Sorry, what I meant by that was that even though it's in the nfo file as a tag it's now not showing in the Series screenshot and still not blocked based on the tag. 

(I know that it's a different show than shown in the first example). Same tag though. Just easier to test. 

Essentially, for a new show, I can add a tag, it shows up in the series and the nfo file. I then run "Scan Media Library" and it disappears from showing up but stays in the nfo, like it's not being read. Neither will block based on it though. 

post-146-0-37929700-1488996361_thumb.png

Edited by JoshFink

JoshFink

I will test the blocking but why would it not stay in the nfo?

My guess was that the reason that it was not showing up in the series screen was that it was deleted from the nfo somehow. Hence me saying that it was still in the nfo even though it's not showing up in the series screen.

Should it not be in the series screen? It is when I first add it as seen in my example in the first post. 

if you don't see the tag on the series screen then that is a problem. that means the tag you added is not in the emby database at all.

JoshFink

if you don't see the tag on the series screen then that is a problem. that means the tag you added is not in the emby database at all.

Which is strange because when I add it in metadata manager it shows up, when I run Scan Library it disappears. 

Let me try it one more time with a different show. 

Edited by JoshFink

I just tested and it seems to be fine here, so I think there is some external factor at play here. thanks.

JoshFink

I just tested and it seems to be fine here, so I think there is some external factor at play here. thanks.

That's never a good thing. 

Suggestions for a reinstall without losing settings?

No, I don't suggest re-installing. So this is the library scan after editing the tag. Can you attach the contents of the nfo? thanks.

JoshFink

One thing I noticed while looking in here is that the "Emby XML" plugin still shows up in Library -> Metadata -> Metadata readers even though it's not installed anymore. I deleted the XML seeing if it was trying to read information from that but it didn't change. 

Happy2Play

Adding your nfo to a empty series shows NoKids just fine on my test machine.

And the reader options for xml are still there for users like me that user third party metadata software still generating xmls.

JoshFink

And the reader options for xml are still there for users like me that user third party metadata software still generating xmls.

I forgot that I was looking at the reader and not the writer. never mind.. 

As for the nfo file. Are you saying you just stuck it into an empty folder and it showed up in the Web Client? Weird... Mine shows up initially but then just disappears after running the Scan Library. 

Is there a way to check the database directly?

JoshFink

No, I don't suggest re-installing. So this is the library scan after editing the tag. Can you attach the contents of the nfo? thanks.

@@Luke,

Were you able to see anything in the logs?

Thanks