User Groups

dcook

• 3 weeks later...
rafinha

any news about user group? is hard to manage too many users settings, one by one, and the libraries and access :(

Edited by rafinha

• 3 months later...
skelleton

I would also like to see this feature.

In addition i would like this to integrate into the LDAP plugin.

It should be possible to map a emby user group to an LDAP or Active Directory group.

A group that is mapped to an LDAP group should sync with the LDAP group regularly.

If a user is added to the LDAP group it should also be added by the Emby group. If a user is removed from the LDAP group, it should also be removed from the Emby group.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ivo.nakov

+1

And if adding User Groups is hard to implement, maybe we can have some sort of User Templates?

Even if it requires manual editing of preset files, I feel it could be some sort of a compromise.

Not sure how hard this would be to develop, just sharing the idea. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
AnomalousTech

Please implement this. This would simplify things for user management. Or at the very least I would like the ability to set new user defaults. The fact that every new user is automatically a "manager" is cumbersome to always remember. At the very least @Luke please make it so "manager this server" is unchecked by default. 

19 minutes ago, AnomalousTech said:

Please implement this. This would simplify things for user management. Or at the very least I would like the ability to set new user defaults. The fact that every new user is automatically a "manager" is cumbersome to always remember. At the very least @Luke please make it so "manager this server" is unchecked by default. 

Hi, this isn't true. I just tested it now and the box is unchecked when setting up a new user.

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, AnomalousTech said:

Can you provide and example?

This is what I get for a new user in 4.7.6.0.

image.png.fd73412fda5c6df2d73b7378dafff923.png

• 11 months later...
Pdiddy2000

+2 :)

Group support features:

Sharing libraries with groups
Bandwidth limit at group level

Edited by Pdiddy2000

• 1 month later...