Turn off recently added content list

Keylonta
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Keylonta

Is there anyway to turn off the list of recently added content that appears under the title of each library item on the main Emby screen?

Other than placing a "." in the "Overview" field of the metadata?

I want it to be blank.

It's heaps annoying. Why do I want a list (in random order!) of some of the titles in the media library? Once the library has been set up, I will only probably add new content to it once in a while. So now I permanently have a random list of some of the titles in each media library. For example, I have a documentary library; a tutorial library; various other presentation libraries.

It looks unprofessional having the random list of some of the titles under the main heading of each library, and distracting too.

Under 'View options', uncheck 'Enable EHS'?

It actually sounds like he's already done that because it seems like he is describing a coverflow view.

So my suggestion would be to try enabling it.

Keylonta

I tried enabling the EHS setting but, not really into having all the recently added content cover art displayed it the top level view.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about in my original post. It's kind of annoying and pointless having a random list of the libraries content under the title of the library.

It doesn't really matter that much, just be good if I could disable it.

58bf9d4774fd1_Capture.jpg

That is default behavior for items that don't have a specific overview. Therefore, you can have whatever you want appear there by providing an overview for your libraries.

Keylonta

Is there any way to make the overview blank (no text)? So that no text displays under the title of the media library.

Edited by Keylonta

• Solution

Enter a " " for the overview using the metadata manager...?

Or you could use a different view that doesn't show the overview there.

• Like 1