Force Aspect Ratio

Randomacts
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Randomacts

I do recall being able to do this awhile ago last time I used emby theater but it looks like the setting shave been changed around a bit. Basically all I am trying to do is stretch a 4:3 show to 16:9  (it is a cartoon so it looks fine stretched.. I wouldn't do this for live action stuff) 

Randomacts

we need to add this to the new Emby Theater. Thanks.

Oh cool so it was removed then at some point.. well 'removed' .. A way to do the same thing awhile ago used to be

"Settings / Video Player / Configure Video Renderer / EVR Settings: and change the scaling mode to "Touch Inside""  But that isn't an option anymore from what I can see. And it forced you to use EVR instead of others stuff so it wasn't ideal anyways. 

• 2 years later...
OmniiOMEGA

Can we implement force aspect ratio in emby please in version 4.2.1 or 4.2?

Please please??? Or even a feature to bring the touch pinch to zoom like YouTube?

Edited by OmniiOMEGA
  • Like 1

Hi, yes aspect ratio control is planned for all apps where it is possible to do it. Many of our apps do have it now, but not all yet.

• 2 months later...

The Emby web app will have aspect ratio adjustment in the video player in the upcoming Emby Server 4.3 release. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Bottles51

Luke can you add the option to force stretch 4.3 to all aps from server. It is tiresome to have to go to options everytime to stretch the video. Please and thank you.

Edited by Bottles51
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
Bash103
On 2/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, Luke said:

Most apps should have a fill option by now. That will stretch.

Can you make a persistent setting by show/movie? I.E. I set it to stretch and it sticks for all viewings of that item going forward? It sucks having to re-set it every time we exit the app and come back. Even better if it could be set per user as well.

4 hours ago, Bash103 said:

Can you make a persistent setting by show/movie? I.E. I set it to stretch and it sticks for all viewings of that item going forward? It sucks having to re-set it every time we exit the app and come back. Even better if it could be set per user as well.

Hi, yes that question has come up before and is possible for future updates. Thanks.