Remote Access Issue

TALCCaro

TALCCaro

Emby works fine on all our home networked 3 computers and 3 tvs. It works fine remotely on kid's computer away at college. However, it does not work on Grandma's computer and Roku stick across town at her home.

She's got a Comcast Gateway Modem. Can log on to Emby with her computer...but won't connect to my server, says it's not working, make sure it's turned on, etc.

Well it works on my phone at her home. It work's on kid's computer at school.

I'm thinking the issue lies with Grandma's modem or network. Thoughts on what to change on her modem settings?

I even took her Norton Firewall down and it did nothing. Any suggestions for what to try next?

Thanks in advance for help. :)

Happy2Play

I think the question should be why is your server blocking her.  As you stated other networks can access your server but not her's.

Well it works on my phone at her home.

Was your phone on her network?
  • Like 1

It could also be something on her network preventing the outgoing traffic, although that's not quite as likely. but it's possible.

• Like 1

TALCCaro

I think the question should be why is your server blocking her.  As you stated other networks can access your server but not her's.

Was your phone on her network?

No the phone was on my phone's network (ATT).

Edited by TALCCaro

TALCCaro

It could also be something on her network preventing the outgoing traffic, although that's not quite as likely. but it's possible.

This is what I was thinking as it works on my daughter's computer away at college, and my phone when I am away from home. But I can't peg down what is stopping the connection. I have port 8096 and port 8920 forwarded on my Gateway modem.

Edited by TALCCaro

Happy2Play

I could see this happening at a school but not at a home residence. 

TALCCaro

I could see this happening at a school but not at a home residence. 

Yes, it is blocked at my school.

TALCCaro

No port blocking on her end or mine. I went over and messed with some of her router settings...and somewhere along the line it's working on her computer and tv. Thank you one and all for your help. :)