[Feature Request] Auto-Organize

chef

Good Day,

Please can the auto-organize feature in the server watch more then one folder?

Could the "Watched Folder" text box allow for a coma delimited folder paths.

Currently it is only possible to add one watched folder. However, some people, like me, may need two folders watched.

1. Un packed RAR files

2. File which are not Packed in ZIP or RAR.

Most DL files which make their way on to a persons computer can not be altered, because uT doesn't like it when you change the structure of the DL folder.

So unpacked RAR/Zip files can not be unpacked into their DL folder.

There are ways around this, however unpacking compressed files and maintaining duplicates on one drive gets very large, very quickly.

Thanks

Ben

• 2 months later...
chef

I am not understanding. You are trying to point to your download folder as a media library ?

Ops, this is a long time ago but will attempt to answer @@Mfusick question.

I use an auto unpacker program which un packs rar/zip files to a separate folder.

You might ask why I don't unpack to the same folder as the source?

Because uTorrent doesn't like folders it is monitoring for seeding to have anything else but it's original files in it.

If you alter the folder uTorrent won't seed back, which unfortunately is how some of these "less likely to show up in a google search" websites build their communities for downloading.

I end up having to unpack these rar files to a completely separate drive because it can fill up fast. However, some files don't download in rar/zip files. These don't have to be moved from their folders and can be added to the auto organize folder watcher.

Having two watched folders would fix this issue, or perhaps have the auto organize also look into shortcuts of these folders.

• 2 weeks later...
Mfusick

I am just seeing this now.  can you explain the unpacker program you are using.   You use something like torrentday that has winrar files that need to be unzipped instead of something like piratebay that just has an MKV file ?  Or you are talking about Usenet ?

I'd be interested in learning more about "unpacker program" and how that works.  I always thought if you unpacked into the folder but did not alter the actual winrar files then it would seed just fine.  I might be wrong though.