Increase height of subtitles or user feature to change position

ShoutingMan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, roaku said:

Not to be rude, but you're the *only* person I've ever seen show up here, ask for something, and get it immediately.

You *have* gotten special treatment, but you haven't been around long enough to appreciate it. ;)

Maybe I got used to the preferential treatment from Luke at first? And that made me have high expectations???

Like in a new relationship
that the girl makes a deluxe impression
Then after a few weeks .... I don't want to say what I think😂

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...
wolfram84

Just bumping this thread, I've migrated to emby recently and I was used to have my subtitles lower in the screen, reading previous replies its clear that some people prefer them inside the film frame others prefer them lower occupying the black bars (when possible) and not the picture image, the way it is now, on Samsung app is not ideal for me and it's a pity there isn't an option to move them like I saw in some ATV screenshots around here... It would be nice to have a few more options to move the subtitles, as some times with 2:35 AR movies the line can be exactly in the middle of the black bar and the frame which is very distracting.. 

On 9/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, roaku said:

Not to be rude, but you're the *only* person I've ever seen show up here, ask for something, and get it immediately.

You *have* gotten special treatment, but you haven't been around long enough to appreciate it. ;)

If you're referring to when he asked for right to left UI support, it's something we should have had from the beginning, so that's why it was done immediately. If you don't have right to left, then there's a whole region of users that can't use your app because it would just look foreign to them. 

FrostByte
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Great, thanks.  Can't wait to see this in the clients as we have subtitles on all the time now.

Hope you can add SDH subtitle support as a selectable option eventually too.  My wife needs SDH on her profile.

2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Great, thanks.  Can't wait to see this in the clients as we have subtitles on all the time now.

Hope you can add SDH subtitle support as a selectable option eventually too.  My wife needs SDH on her profile.

Can you get me a sample video containing subtitles that are marked as sdh? Anything is fine. Thanks.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Can you get me a sample video containing subtitles that are marked as sdh? Anything is fine. Thanks.

Roger, I'll splice something and send you a link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FrostByte
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Just sent you a link to sample.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

HI, the hearing impaired status for subtitles, both internal and external will be supported in Emby Server 4.8:

image.png

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

mrdragonvn
Please add Display Mode selection to Emby for Android TV like Emby Theater on PC. For example: TV (16:9), Projector (21:9)...
Edited by mrdragonvn

3 hours ago, mrdragonvn said:
Please add Display Mode selection to Emby for Android TV like Emby Theater on PC. For example: TV (16:9), Projector (21:9)...

Hi, why?

• Like 1

mrdragonvn
On 10/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, Luke said:

Hi, why?

Then the subtitles will automatically display below the frame correctly

2 hours ago, mrdragonvn said:
Then the subtitles will automatically display below the frame correctly

How would the display mode affect that?

FrostByte
6 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Does MKV have a flag for PSDH as well, or just SDH?

These are the flags you can set for subtitles.  The comment/commentary one may be useful for some.

[STREAM]
DISPOSITION:default=0
DISPOSITION:dub=0
DISPOSITION:original=0
DISPOSITION:comment=0
DISPOSITION:lyrics=0
DISPOSITION:karaoke=0
DISPOSITION:forced=0
DISPOSITION:hearing_impaired=1
DISPOSITION:visual_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:clean_effects=0
DISPOSITION:attached_pic=0
DISPOSITION:timed_thumbnails=0
DISPOSITION:captions=0
DISPOSITION:descriptions=0
DISPOSITION:metadata=0
DISPOSITION:dependent=0
DISPOSITION:still_image=0
[/STREAM]

Of those, these are the only ones you can do within the gui.  The rest would need to be done by CLI.

image.jpeg.1cb2a65b6f5f619b2e5335a4f2dc318a.jpeg

crusher11

Yeah, I do have some commentaries with subtitles, but I also like to differentiate between PSDH and SDH in tracks as well.

mrdragonvn
On 10/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, Luke said:

How would the display mode affect that?

At that time, the external subtitles will be displayed fixedly according to the screen Aspect ratio. Not sometimes high and sometimes low according to the Aspect ratio of the movie

mrdragonvn

Here: Pic1 Aspect Ratio 960:409

Pic2 Aspect Ratio 16:9

Subtitles show different locations

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Solution

Subtitle position in the web app will be in Emby Server 4.8. Many of our apps have already gotten support for this.

• Like 1