netgem n8200 DLNA profile set up help

redivider

redivider

Need help setting up a DLNA profile as some mkv files with the same codec wont play while others will. First time fiddling with this, any explanation appreciated, couldnt find much on the web.

also the default one wont rewind, it will fast forward up to 30x though.

hi there @@redivider have you been able to locate any documentation on what the supported formats are for the netgem n8200? thanks !

redivider

mkv is supported in h.264 codec, which all of the tested movies are, as shown when you go into the emby library under "media info"; only 1 worked the rest seemed to have device problems thats why im thinking I need a dlna profile, since the device wont play it (works fine on pc or even browser so its not embys problem).

redivider

It says it supports these: MPEG-4 AAC, MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, WMA9, Dolby digital, Dolby digital +.

The mkvs in question have generally 2 audio channels each, one 5.1 one 7.1, both AAC. I am using the 5.1.

redivider

anything new? Well if someone ever figures something out, let me know, thanks!

Edited by redivider

• 2 weeks later...

@@redivider, a dlna profile will need to be designed for the device. First we need to learn how to detect it. Unfortunately I do not have this device for testing, but if you can play something with the device and then attach the emby server log that would be helpful. thanks !

redivider

Heres the logs, first I played the hobbit for a bit (which plays fine, watched it before in full, sometimes the box shut off and I had to restart it, but otherwise, it played) second is Interstellar which wont play at all ("cant play file"). Also do you need logs with debugging on?

ffmpeg-directstream-9bffce18-803b-4302-b604-186583acf894.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-2956ffd6-636f-4296-9e0f-1062d45c20ee.txt

server-63625639766.txt

@@Happy2Play i suppose we could start with the vlc profile as a base, change the detection to netgem. at that point it will direct play everything and we could just rely on redivider to let us know when something isn't supported and needs transcoding.

Designing a dlna profile is unfortunately mostly a process of trial and error. It begins by consulting device documentation for supported formats, and then from there trying them and adjusting the profile based on the outcome.

Right now you are understandably getting the impression that something about Emby isn't working, but it's really a matter that we haven't tested personally with your device, so at this point we don't yet know what customizations your device will require.

redivider

No no, I know that emby is working since it plays things fine i know its a device problem, im just wondering who Happy2Play is and what you meant with your response to him

Edited by redivider

redivider

@@Happy2Play i suppose we could start with the vlc profile as a base, change the detection to netgem. at that point it will direct play everything and we could just rely on redivider to let us know when something isn't supported and needs transcoding.

^ this post

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Why is the custom profile failing?

2017-03-20 20:49:31.6582 Error Dlna: Error parsing profile file: C:\Users\eScape\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config\dlna\user\TEST123 siol box.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.5.0
	Command line: C:\Users\eScape\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: C:\Users\eScape\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\eScape\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
	System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (2, 2). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <Client xmlns=''> was not expected.
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDeviceProfile.Read23_Profile()
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromStream(Type type, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
	   at Emby.Dlna.DlnaManager.ParseProfileFile(String path, DeviceProfileType type)
	System.InvalidOperationException
	   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromStream(Type type, Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.MyXmlSerializer.DeserializeFromFile(Type type, String file)
	   at Emby.Dlna.DlnaManager.ParseProfileFile(String path, DeviceProfileType type)
	InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException
	System.InvalidOperationException: <Client xmlns=''> was not expected.
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDeviceProfile.Read23_Profile()

All playback appear to be using "Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used."

redivider

Oh, for some reason my browser wont show your previous post? 

This file (TEST123) was just my attempt (one of them) but since I obviously dont know what im doing, it just reset back to the default one. So disregard my DIY custom profile, emby skipped it.

• 4 weeks later...